What are you reading right now?

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mandibles by Lionel Shriver. A friend sent it to me as a gift. I'm having a t p ugh time getting into it.

If it Bleeds is waiting for me :)

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Missed this one :)

I'm an avid reader... though these days it's in ebook format. Old eyes. I'll read about anything, though. Mysteries, thrillers, sci-fi, fantasy, history, biography... just about anything that you might think of. Oh, excepting self help types <shudder>

Currently, I'm finishing up Patricia Briggs 'Mercy' series. Not great, but if you enjoy that kind of thing, they're well written.

One book I like to recommend: John Ross's 'Unintended Consequences'. It's an Excellent read about the 'gun culture' of the USA. Not your thing? Fine, but for those that enjoy that sort of thing, it's worth the time. Long, yeah... and there's some 'not for kids' parts, but it does a great job of illustrating how the gun culture in this country got to where it is, where it might be headed, and one possible outcome. John is a friend of mine. The book was written in the 80's, and he has long proposed a sequel, but never written one. I know for a fact, based on current events, he IS writing a sequel, and I'm eagerly awaiting it.

adromero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to reread The Road, but saving that for less troubling times and am starting to read border trilogy again. I think this is my first time reading a book again, I must be getting old
Cormac MacCarthy is a great writer but his works are so depressing.

davescj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished "Homegoing: A Novel" by Yaa Gyasi. Also about 1/2 way through "Kitty Steals the Show" by Carrie Vaughn.

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently jumping between two series.
Horus Heresy by the Black Library. Written by about a dozen different authors.
Clive Cusslers various series, currently Numa Files

Why going between the two, because both have half library worth of material and it gets to be a slog binging on just one.
Beyond those two, assorted Sci Fi, Fantasy, stuff like that.
While nothing can ever beat having a real book made of paper, my Kobo has logged over 2,000 hours in the last 7 years.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

There was a tv series on the book some years ago (I think on Starz). Saw a few of the beginning episodes but that’s it.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just cracked this. I’ve read it a couple times. This is a great book for baseball fans, teachers, and any folks that like the small town American win. I can’t say enough good things about it. My copy is signed and it’s well traveled. It’s that good.

image.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back