What are you THANKFUL for? A Thanksgiving Thread!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am thankful for my amazing family, wonderful friends (and some of the other ones), and the R2R community! Every year I continue to meet so many great people in this hobby (both online and in person) - I am thrilled for the privilege to serve here!

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely thankful for my beautiful wife and the 2 best kids on the planet. A nice home that we can have 28 crazy, wonderful people over for Thanksgiving who truly love each other. And a faith that has kept us as we’ve said goodbye to to some. Happiest Thanksgiving!!!

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful for my family. This month, on the 2nd, my youngest son (of 4 kids), 2, fell on a rock waaaay up in the woods. It was a super bleeder, huge deep gash in-between his eyebrows. I had to drive down the mountain, and speed to the hospital on sketchy narrow curvy roads. Took about 45 minutes to the hospital. I was the only one who could apply pressure so I had to hold him in my lap while driving while trying to stop the bleeding. It was the single most horrifying moment I've experienced. I I thought my lil bub wouldn't be here today. I'm so thankful for my children, for the hospital staff, for every car who moved out of my crazy way. Little bub got 3 stitches, no concussion and later that day acted perfectly normal like nothing happened.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful for my family. This month, on the 2nd, my youngest son (of 4 kids), 2, fell on a rock waaaay up in the woods. It was a super bleeder, huge deep gash in-between his eyebrows. I had to drive down the mountain, and speed to the hospital on sketchy narrow curvy roads. Took about 45 minutes to the hospital. I was the only one who could apply pressure so I had to hold him in my lap while driving while trying to stop the bleeding. It was the single most horrifying moment I've experienced. I I thought my lil bub wouldn't be here today. I'm so thankful for my children, for the hospital staff, for every car who moved out of my crazy way. Little bub got 3 stitches, no concussion and later that day acted perfectly normal like nothing happened.
Wow!!! Super happy for you and your family!

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is secondary to these three. ♥️ I have the most brilliant, loving, hilarious, compassionate children, and they keep me going when I want to give up.

Ben, Aislinn, Savannah - In The Car.JPG

Last edited:

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been very thankful to have not been impacted by Covid as much as most of the world has. My job was able to change to full remote immediately and my family is happy and healthy.

And I'm very happy to have found a new hobby in reefing!

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope your experience smooths over and you can rest it off. Sounds traumatic but you did your best and got your kid to safety in time, good job.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thankful to be here, I’m thankful I got through covid and the pneumonia it brought along. I’m thankful to have a place like R2R to talk about the things I love and cherish like my family. I wish you all a great thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas. Make sure to be extra loving and caring this season, you never know how many more your going to get.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is 3 years since I lost my mom. I'm thankful that I had 16 years with her living with us. In 2003 she was given 6 months, so that bonus is something I'll always be grateful for.

I'm also thankful for this wonderful place and all the kind and generous with their time members.

Back