What are you THANKFUL for? A Thanksgiving Thread!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful we already had our Thanksgiving in Canada and it's actually a festive holiday as opposed to a spring pad for Black Friday.
It's actually gotten slightly better in the US. At least most stores now don't open until Friday for black friday sales. Several years ago in an attempt to start their sales first many stores started their black friday sales on Thanksgiving. My wife used to eat Thanksgiving lunch and then leave to go shopping shortly after, which always bugged me.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually gotten slightly better in the US. At least most stores now don't open until Friday for black friday sales. Several years ago in an attempt to start their sales first many stores started their black friday sales on Thanksgiving. My wife used to eat Thanksgiving lunch and then leave to go shopping shortly after, which always bugged me.
Except all the online stores that have basically been chomping at the bit to start Black Friday the day after Halloween...

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except all the online stores that have basically been chomping at the bit to start Black Friday the day after Halloween...
Yes that is very true but that doesn't bother me at all. At least it's not causing my wife to leave the family on a holiday that is mostly about being thankful for and spending time with your loved ones.
Also most of the sales that start early in November are usually online and not in store AFAIK.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful for all the awesome contests and giveaways happening right now!

mslabonik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thankful for my MOM getting thru Covid. My MOM was in the hospital for 2 weeks with Covid, and I really thought I would have to come to the conclusion that I no longer have parents. THANKFULLY, my MOM made it thru and I still get to visit her and spend time with her.
I am glad your mom is better!! I lost my mom last October, 3 days before her birthday and 7 days before mine. It was a long hard year for me without her and wish I could just hug her everyday, I miss her so much! So hug your mom every chance you get! I am thankful that she survived covid and you still can!!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad your mom is better!! I lost my mom last October, 3 days before her birthday and 7 days before mine. It was a long hard year for me without her and wish I could just hug her everyday, I miss her so much! So hug your mom every chance you get! I am thankful that she survived covid and you still can!!
I just made arrangements to go down to Orlando and take my Mom out for Thanksgiving.

mslabonik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful for my family. This month, on the 2nd, my youngest son (of 4 kids), 2, fell on a rock waaaay up in the woods. It was a super bleeder, huge deep gash in-between his eyebrows. I had to drive down the mountain, and speed to the hospital on sketchy narrow curvy roads. Took about 45 minutes to the hospital. I was the only one who could apply pressure so I had to hold him in my lap while driving while trying to stop the bleeding. It was the single most horrifying moment I've experienced. I I thought my lil bub wouldn't be here today. I'm so thankful for my children, for the hospital staff, for every car who moved out of my crazy way. Little bub got 3 stitches, no concussion and later that day acted perfectly normal like nothing happened.
Thankful he is ok!

mslabonik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm grateful I eat fish and not the other way around
Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

mslabonik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very thankful for my family and friends!! I am thankful I survived my motorcycle accident 4 years ago, even with having the 5th surgery on my foot that was shattered, last week, lol. I am thankful that I was able to work 25 years in law enforcement, helping as many people as I could and that I was able to retire from the job last month knowing I did help others thru the years. I am thankful I had the job to help support my family and that I am still young enough to work on my accounting business after being able to graduate with another Master's in accounting this past March! I am thankful that God gave me the strength to walk again and to have the courage to ride my motorcycle again after such a horrible accident. I am thankful for all the love I have and get from my family and friends. I am thankful for a husband that has put up with my craziness and especially with my saltwater tank addiction, cuz he certainly doesn't share the addiction, but he has always helped me with plumbing my tanks when needed, helped me move fish and my 3 foot eel into the new tank previously, when I couldn’t due to injuries. I am thankful for my grandson, he is the greatest! I am thankful to still have my father and step-mother with losing my mom last year. I am thankful for my 2 labradoodles! They bring me a lot of happiness. I am thankful for my aquarium pets, they provide a peacefulness that is so enjoyable. I can go on and on, I am thankful for R2R for this site and all of the sponsors that have contests and giveways and all the stuff I have learned from others in the forum. I feel like I have another new family!!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back