Who are you thankful for in this hobby?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanksgiving is tomorrow for a lot of people and it is the time for all of us to gather around and give thanks for what we enjoy and love. I am wondering who are you thankful for in the hobby. Maybe it is a specific member who has helped you time after time, maybe a lfs that has been committed to helping you out with your tank, or maybe it is an online vendor that has provided incredible service.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanksgiving is tomorrow for a lot of people and it is the time for all of us to gather around and give thanks for what we enjoy and love. I am wondering who are you thankful for in the hobby. Maybe it is a specific member who has helped you time after time, maybe a lfs that has been committed to helping you out with your tank, or maybe it is an online vendor that has provided incredible service.
I am thankful for the Reefers who share their hobby and help others. I enjoy being a part of the local and worldwide community, and look forward to our continued journey together!

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not the best family in the hobby R2R
Great friendly people with one thing in common MARINE
So happy thanks giving to everyone

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful for all the content creators in this hobby. I appreciate all the hobbyists who work hard to gather thought leaders in the industry and help them share their expertise with us in the form of interviews, podcasts, YouTube videos, etc.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Agreed and well said. Happy Thanksgiving

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had our Canadian Thanksgiving last month but I do spend most my time in the states working.

In all honesty I'm thankful for my wife. She put the saltwater bug in my ear in January as she said I needed a hobby and with me doing it over 20 yrs ago I thought why not!

She does testing when I'm away, she's my Apex doser :) and keeps things straight on the rails for me. I'm very impatient by nature and I've wanted to toss in the towel a few times this year but she sets me straight so that's why I'm thankful to her.

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not want try to individually list those fellow hobbyists and professionals for whom I, and my reef tank, need to be thankful. I fear I might miss someone. So, I'll leave it at "I'm thankful to the R2R staff and the membership". I must acknowledge that most of what I know... or at least think I know... comes from experience I gained while trying things recommended or inspired by this group.

I would like to give at special shout out to @Peace River for helping me get a couple articles posted on the forum this year. I had a lot of fun writing them and am also thankful for the resulting feedback.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m grateful for everyone in this entire community who are so committed to helping each other, especially the #fishmedic group.

Jay

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley I don’t think the hobby would be where it is without him. So many articles, tens if not hundreds of thousands of posts, patience answering the same questions. Helping reefers for decades now and without a vested interest making money off the hobby - just helping people out of the love of science and reefing, not money.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back