What are your 'Live and Learn' examples and experiences?

ChristineInMaryland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s nothing wrong with hiring professionals when necessary. I’ve always been a DIY kind of girl and just asked some friends and family to help me move my tank from the garage onto the stand. It only moved about three feet before it got dropped.

Replacing the tank alone ended up costing more than the tank and stand originally had once I paid for delivery.

OP
OP
Narideth

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s nothing wrong with hiring professionals when necessary. I’ve always been a DIY kind of girl and just asked some friends and family to help me move my tank from the garage onto the stand. It only moved about three feet before it got dropped.

Replacing the tank alone ended up costing more than the tank and stand originally had once I paid for delivery.
Oh noooo. :eek: This is like one of my all time fears, dropping a tank. Another reason why I keep my tanks small enough that I can carry them myself!

Joe.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good advice here. I always cover the back part of my tank when my hands are in.
I actually got a piece of foam core at Home Depot and cut a piece a few inches longer than the tank and about 10” wide. I then cut out notches for the light arms and it overlaps the top of the tank maybe a 1/2” on the inside lip and the top leans against the wall. 2 of the fish that jumped went behind the tank and I couldn’t see them. This prevents anyone leaving the backside of the tank and going behind. The sides and front, you can see easily enough.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back