Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, i wish i had that on my camera. its so hard to take macro pictures looking through a tiny eye piece. very difficult IME to tell the depth of field and figure out if stuff is perfectly in focus.

i was thinking about getting an eye piece magnifier/extender, but they are quite expensive around $200.

it can certainly be difficult, but i compensate by taking lots of pics, changing the focus a bit each time.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yeah, i wish i had that on my camera. its so hard to take macro pictures looking through a tiny eye piece. very difficult IME to tell the depth of field and figure out if stuff is perfectly in focus.

i was thinking about getting an eye piece magnifier/extender, but they are quite expensive around $200.

IMO it would be very hard to tell from the lcd screen if your macro shot was in fine focus. It would be cool for family and full tank shots though. :D

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to find it in the focus settings. I'd be very surprised if your camera didn't have it. Should have focus and exposure bracketing. Lots of the high end macro shots that the pros take they use focus bracketing to take the images and then use image stacking to be able to get a greater dof than you could with a single image.

its not in my manual.....

sounds like the basis behind an IS lens....but they don't make any IS macro lenses....yet.

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a canon as well and it doesn't mention it in my manual either, but the setting is right between the focus and flash settings in the menu.

i have AEB, auto exposure bracketing....but that doesn't have anything to do with DOF that i can tell. it just takes 3 continuous pictures at different exposure levels (dark, standard, bright). but it doesn't compile them together or anything like that.

with changing the DOF.....i am already in aperature priority, so i would just shoot 1 pic at f/9, then at f/11, then at f/13 and see the differences.

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, its prob not worth it to me then. normally when i shoot pics i shoot them at 3 different f/stops anyways in aperature priority (AV mode).

i can see how that function would be more useful in one of the auto modes.

zoanthidman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Canon Rebel XTi

Fits very well in my hands. I can easily change the few settings I use without looking, and it takes very nice shots!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Go Canon!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back