What can I use as a line/marker for the water level?

homersimpsonlikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can I use as a line/marker for the aquarium saltwater level? Are there waterproof labels that I can stick on the glass? What works for you?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making rodi water to fill my ato as I’m writing this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 46

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black sharpie on the sump. No need to mark the display as that level should never change if the plumbing is setup correctly.
Even if the plumbing is set up correctly (and no one touches the overflow valve), the DT height can still change if the return pump starts pumping more or less water.
Your DT level starting to fall is a good indication that it's time to pull your return pump out and clean it.

As for the sump level, there's a million ways to mark it, personally, I just use the ATO sensor. Any time I need to fix/reset the water height (or rather, the system volume), I bring the sump level right to the bottom of the ATO sensor.
The trick is not bumping the ATO sensor when you're doing maintenance on the return pump.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Brother P-Touch Label Marker. Marked the high and low water levels on my Sumps. Also I got the little plastic key chain tags, take the ring off of them. Slide the clear window and cardboard out. Print a label for the electrical device. IE Pump, Filter, Heater, UV, Air Pump, using different colors for each type of device. Also on the back of the Tag, I label with the wattage and Amps. On the back of the cardboard tag, I write the date item was put into service.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep sharpie pen mark on the side of my all in one tanks

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back