What Caused this Loss

His Coral Highness

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2022
Messages
267
Reaction score
302
Location
Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Super Saiyan zoanthids have grown like crazy. Just recently thought I noticed this “gap” where polyps had been only a week or two ago. The colony as a whole looks super healthy though. What would cause there to not be polyps where there were just a week or two ago? They never looked sick from what I remember. Would something have eaten them? Only suspects I can think of are urchins… My fish are all reef safe as far as I know. Foxface and pig face would be my biggest suspects, but I’ve never seen them touch a coral. Thanks for any clues
 
My Super Saiyan zoanthids have grown like crazy. Just recently thought I noticed this “gap” where polyps had been only a week or two ago. The colony as a whole looks super healthy though. What would cause there to not be polyps where there were just a week or two ago? They never looked sick from what I remember. Would something have eaten them? Only suspects I can think of are urchins… My fish are all reef safe as far as I know. Foxface and pig face would be my biggest suspects, but I’ve never seen them touch a coral. Thanks for any clues
Whats your full stock? Im thinking eaten if its a certain spot
 
Fish:
Foxface
Pigfish
Starry blenny
Tobacco basslet
Melanurus wrasse
Snowflake eel

Inverts:
Longspine urchin
Pincushion urchin
Snails (no way)
Red/blue leg hermit crabs (as I type this I have a new prime suspect)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new