What clean up crew in a predator tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike7744
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike7744

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Messages
403
Reaction score
183
Location
Wareham
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can I do for a clean up crew in a predator tank?
Porcupine puffer, snowflake eel, lionfish, spiny box puffer. 125 gal
Thanks
 
That Is You Season 5 GIF by Pee-wee Herman
 
Will this help with algae?
What kind of algae? Get specific.

Florida fighting conch is best bet for sandbeds. Many differrent species of copepods that eat algae. GHA is a favorite.
 
@Mike7744
I have perused your threads and noted that you have had a chronic algae problem since you started this 120G tank in May. What is the source of your live rock? I assume you transferred rock from your established 75G tank.

Consider bringing in diver collected live rock to increase diversity of consumers & competitors of your nuisance algae.

Please post pictures of your algae, including a full tank shot.

https://gulfliverock.com/premium-deco-live-rock
https://gulfliverock.com/hitchhiker-id
I started with 45 pounds of gulf live Rock. Then added some dry rock for a total of 90 pounds. The rock is about 4 and a 1/2 years old.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new