What clownfish is this?

Garfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm completely new to saltwater aquariums so this might sound a little silly but I'm not 100% sure what type of clownfish I have.
I got the fish a few days ago, apparently he was getting bullied in his previous tank so I rescued him. I would like to get another clownfish to make a pair but I don't want to get the wrong type, wouldn't want my fishy to get bullied again.

PXL_20210321_154542903.jpg
PXL_20210321_174103290.jpg

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not
Hi, I'm completely new to saltwater aquariums so this might sound a little silly but I'm not 100% sure what type of clownfish I have.
I got the fish a few days ago, apparently he was getting bullied in his previous tank so I rescued him. I would like to get another clownfish to make a pair but I don't want to get the wrong type, wouldn't want my fishy to get bullied again.

PXL_20210321_154542903.jpg
PXL_20210321_174103290.jpg
Not sure about the species, but I just want to point out that it could still be bullied even if you get another fish of the same species. If you want to make sure it is not bullied, you'd need to get a smaller clownfish to pair with it, but then the smaller clownfish might be bullied, or you'd need to keep this fish alone.

OP
OP
G

Garfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not

Not sure about the species, but I just want to point out that it could still be bullied even if you get another fish of the same species. If you want to make sure it is not bullied, you'd need to get a smaller clownfish to pair with it, but then the smaller clownfish might be bullied, or you'd need to keep this fish alone.
Yes I think I will leave him on his own at least for now. Though thank you for the advise I'll get a smaller fish if I ever do get one.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back