What color stand question?

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am finally at a point I can make a real forever home display tank.

I have a 90 gallon tank and I am having a woodworking friend build the stand and canopy.

I have been back and forth about what to do but I have the tank already so its time to get the stand and canopy.

I want to do Either White or grey so it matches the rest of the living room.

I'm leaning towards white as it looks more classy but Grey is a nice color.

Do you think White stand and canopy will make the display look better with a black background?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like the look of contrasting black and white so that would probably be what I'd go with.
My diy stand is skinned with old pallet wood, which pretty closely matches the look of the floor its on. I don't care for it but it was my wife's decision and I don't care that much.

OP
OP
riche

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like the look of contrasting black and white so that would probably be what I'd go with.
My diy stand is skinned with old pallet wood, which pretty closely matches the look of the floor its on. I don't care for it but it was my wife's decision and I don't care that much.
Its funny you mention that, my friend who is building the stand for me said why dont you do it out of pallets and my wife loves that look. She wants to have it stained black though. But I am fine with that

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its funny you mention that, my friend who is building the stand for me said why dont you do it out of pallets and my wife loves that look. She wants to have it stained black though. But I am fine with that
I have black stands on all of my tanks. Just make sure to wipe off any saltwater you get on it cause after the water evaporates you can really see the salt it leaves behind! I love the color, I think it helps draw my eye into the tank rather than getting distracted by the bright white of the stand which gets florescent due to the blue lights

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had black stands, but decided on my last one to paint it white. I was amazed how much I enjoyed that color. To me it just looked classier. If in doubt, you could always start with the white stand and see if you like the look. If not just paint it black before setting everything up.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't care for the look but it was easier to "skin" only having to deal with strips instead of having to cut larger pieces of plywood. Plus the wood was free.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am finally at a point I can make a real forever home display tank.

I have a 90 gallon tank and I am having a woodworking friend build the stand and canopy.

I have been back and forth about what to do but I have the tank already so its time to get the stand and canopy.

I want to do Either White or grey so it matches the rest of the living room.

I'm leaning towards white as it looks more classy but Grey is a nice color.

Do you think White stand and canopy will make the display look better with a black background?
With my 90 gallon I took over the closet to the room attached to my living room and mounted it in the wall. Just another thought. Built a sturdy 2x4 and plywood stand and encased it will mounding. Looks fantastic.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back