what colors are?!?

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't think anyone is questioning that Montipora can be orange. setosa and Orenji are about as orange as orange can get.

Check out the waynesreef rainbow acro. I've seen at least 3 colors on it in my tank, but they vary in their intensity (dark red polyps, white to pink tips, greenish yellow sheen, green base, blue encrusting edge). Trying to grow out a big colony to see how it looks with some size on it.

Marvin, also for pink I would suggest Stylophora over birdsnest. There are some awesome "rainbow" stylos to choose from that have a lot of pink to them, plus green to gold sheen and blue to purple polyps.

Encrusting edges often add a third color (purple in the pink lemonade, green in some of the pink and blue millepora), but unfortunately you lose it once they start to mature.

Some of the non-Oregon torts also have nice 3-4 colors (blue, green, purple, fluorescent yellow-green in corallites).

So many nice sps :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think anyone is questioning that Montipora can be orange. setosa and Orenji are about as orange as orange can get.

Check out the waynesreef rainbow acro. I've seen at least 3 colors on it in my tank, but they vary in their intensity (dark red polyps, white to pink tips, greenish yellow sheen, green base, blue encrusting edge). Trying to grow out a big colony to see how it looks with some size on it.

Marvin, also for pink I would suggest Stylophora over birdsnest. There are some awesome "rainbow" stylos to choose from that have a lot of pink to them, plus green to gold sheen and blue to purple polyps.

Encrusting edges often add a third color (purple in the pink lemonade, green in some of the pink and blue millepora), but unfortunately you lose it once they start to mature.

Some of the non-Oregon torts also have nice 3-4 colors (blue, green, purple, fluorescent yellow-green in corallites).

So many nice sps :)
I have the waynesreef Rainbow acro. I'm hoping it'll color up soon. we'll see. the mother colony pic looks really nice.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 38 30.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back