what controller in your opinion is better?

sadow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am looking into getting a controller but i cant make up my mid on what one to get. i am looking into these and i was wondering if i can get some opinions on them.

ReefKeeper Elite w/ Net - Digital Aquatics

Neptune AquaController Apex System

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a thread with poll on this just recently, I'd suggest to check it out for some opinions. From what I remember, Apex had the commanding lead by far.

I, myself, am an Apex fan, and have mine doing many fun and helpful things.

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an older neptune aquatics controller and have nothing but great things to say about it and their customer service.

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to decide between the 2, and am going with the Apex. They both seem to be great controllers.

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're planning to spend $300 plus, then I would recommend the Apex. If you're just looking for the basics, then I would recommend the Reefkeeper Lite for $120.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what its worth, my Apex is controlling everything on my tank, from six different strands of LEDs (108 total), redundant heaters based on the temp probe, wirelessly controlling my Vortech MP40s based on time, turning off certain equipment based on different float valves, and email/text notifications for a ton of stuff so I know what's going on. Its fantastic.

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex leads for me. It IS more complex but totally worth it.

I kept the reefkeeper elite on the nano so I can keep up to date to support customers but otherwise I would have preferred the apex due to more control capabilities.

rc_FiReBReTHa_sig.png

my Apex doing its thing :)

-Rick

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded from the rke to the apex, HUGE difference, it has the same presets for lights, heaters, ph control already to program, as well as the advanced programming.

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own an apex and a profilux save the money get a profilux. Totally night and day in quality and options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go apex. If anything the customer service is amazing. I have an apex and I research everything like a mad man before I buy anything. So you can believe me when I tell you it's a better buy.

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used an apex controller, but I have a reefkeeper lite and love it. It doesnt control as many things at once as the elite model but I have my lights, powerheads,return pump, skimmer, and a ph controller all running on the reefkeeper lite model 3 and havent had any problems yet.

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a profilux 3 and it is worth every penny. with the right stuff you can control the entire fish room. that include the ac and lights in the room.

Cyber-Burn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have the Reefkeeper Elite, but if I were to do it over again I would go with either the Apex or the Profilux. As you spend more money on the controllers it starts to become very annoying when there are not modules out to controll things like the vortechs.

dhutcheson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am no computer wiz and it took me about 4hrs total to program and install the Apex. My lights, powerheads, skimmer, return, heater are all on the Apex. With both email and txt alerts. All running wireless on an apple router. I personally used text alerts due to the fact text are pushed to my cell phone. My emails do not push to my phone and when I do retrive they are silent as a result I am actually alerted on alarms not just notified. I also set up to run aquanotes on my iphone so I have control from where ever I am. My plans are for a salinity probe and an additional set of outlets. But I reallly like the Apex and what it offers.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its Kind of funny how controllers keep leap froging each other, what’s popular right now will no longer be in the future. It goes back and forth.

Most of them are good and do what you need and its hard really to go wrong.

I personally like the reef keeper light for now because it does pretty much everything and I only pay for what I need.

Dave Polzin

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back