• Total voters

Hak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys this might start things up, I pre - apologise

As I research all the good things I want to do with the new 560g mixed reef tank, where Im getting stuck is controllers GHL or Apex, what ever happened to the Cerebra? what are the thoughts of Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper

GHL looks amazing however a few You Tubers claims not as easy to set as Apex, Apex not aesthetic as GHL,

Whats important to me is practicality and reliability

One confused Australian

Last edited:

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forget Cerebra. They have been on long term delay. Digital Aquatics shut down, and I see 3 viable options: Apex, GHL Profilux, ReefPi. If you’re electronics savvy, ReefPi could be a great DIY option. As for Apex vs. GHL, I don’t think you can go wrong unless one of them has poor support down under. If you have a LFS that stocks one brand, that might sway my decision.

OP
OP
H

Hak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL is not all that available by the looks of thing down under

Aquius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having run both an Apex Classic and a GHL Profilux 4, I have to say I like the GHL much, much more.

One of the biggest factors of this hobby is reliability. From a hardware perspective, GHL is the closest thing to an industrial controller you can get. In comparison, Neptune is “hobby grade,” at best.

That being said, GHL needs to work on their programming interface. It is functional, but is not intuitive and has a very 90’s feel to it. For the moment, however, I am willing to sacrifice a slick interface for rock solid reliability. GHL has upgraded their web interface (myGHL) and has come a long way in a very short time. The software is continuously being updated and it appears they will be up to Neptune’s standards in the near future.

JMO…

OP
OP
H

Hak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its interesting with all the research I've done indicates that the Apex is easier item to use and the GHL is put together better

Prices local to me GHL come is at $1835.00 its Equivalent Apex $1271.00 that a whopping $564.00 difference

If I was to add the KH doser kit to the GHL that would be an additional $1274.00

GHL is certainly not cheap however if its quality is that much better it may just be worth it

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 98 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 49.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.4%
Back