What corals to buy

what do you like? Tank size,lights, give us some info on your tank so we can give suggestions. Also what are you looking for in your tank? color,shape hardiness.etc
 
Don’t buy frags. Buy colonies from people on Craigslist. The survival rate is much better than the toothpicks and more rewarding to gaze upon.
 
Don’t buy frags. Buy colonies from people on Craigslist. The survival rate is much better than the toothpicks and more rewarding to gaze upon.

Thats funny usually I hear the opposite. That frags are much better at acclimating to different environments than colonies. I disagree with your statement just based on my personal experience in that colonies may be bigger and seem you get more for the price but in actuality I found that you are substituting size in for the health of the specimen. By all means if buying colonies instead of frags works for you thats awesome. there is also something to be said getting a frag and growing it into a colony.
 
Thats funny usually I hear the opposite. That frags are much better at acclimating to different environments than colonies. I disagree with your statement just based on my personal experience in that colonies may be bigger and seem you get more for the price but in actuality I found that you are substituting size in for the health of the specimen. By all means if buying colonies instead of frags works for you thats awesome. there is also something to be said getting a frag and growing it into a colony.

Happy waiting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new