Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish caught brooklynella and 2 died

1 clownfish
1 prawn goby

2 survived

1 clownfish
1 prawn goby

They were in a reef tank so I had to quarantine them. The clownfish who survived is almost in perfect health now. But my goby who survived is laying down. What can I do for him? He is not doing it here but he lays down with his head down and fins drooping and is on his stomach. He won't eat either.
20200925_190327.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's really odd that half the fish survived Brook and half didn't (of the same species). Typically, losses are pretty much 100% through affected species unless the treatment is begun right away (and sometimes, not even then!).

Can you give me some idea as to the timeline here? What you treated with, how long ago, etc.? Current water quality data would also help. I'm sorry, but once a small fish like the goby begins laying on the bottom like that, it is unlikely to get an effective treatment for it (but we want to ensure your other clown is kept safe).

Thanks,

Jay

OP
OP
Zagecko

Zagecko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's really odd that half the fish survived Brook and half didn't (of the same species). Typically, losses are pretty much 100% through affected species unless the treatment is begun right away (and sometimes, not even then!).

Can you give me some idea as to the timeline here? What you treated with, how long ago, etc.? Current water quality data would also help. I'm sorry, but once a small fish like the goby begins laying on the bottom like that, it is unlikely to get an effective treatment for it (but we want to ensure your other clown is kept safe).

Thanks,

Jay
The fish have been quarantined for 3 days now, the goby is no longer laying down. He isn't eating but has shown improvement. Nitrites are 0.50, the nitrates are 0, the ammonia is 0, the ph is 8.0, and salinity is almost hypo-salinity. They had Brookynella for 2 weeks before I diagnosed it. The have been eating metroplex in the meantime. I am really sad my little clownfish died. He was paired with the one that lived.

OP
OP
Zagecko

Zagecko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish have been quarantined for 3 days now, the goby is no longer laying down. He isn't eating but has shown improvement. Nitrites are 0.50, the nitrates are 0, the ammonia is 0, the ph is 8.0, and salinity is almost hypo-salinity. They had Brookynella for 2 weeks before I diagnosed it. The have been eating metroplex in the meantime. I am really sad my little clownfish died. He was paired with the one that lived.
Oh yeah, forgot to tell you the treatment is fermeldahyde.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 59 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back