What did you do to your tank today?

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got rid of my paly’s Back in January- no desire to keep a highly toxic - potentially lethal organism in the display - I don’t understand how they can be described as a good beginner’s softer. Not with an unsuspecting beginner - perhaps Julian Sprung is right - respect them - and imho in their natural habitats.

I agree. These really should only be sold to the advanced hobbyist. When I first started out handling these I would feel sick for hours. I don’t understand why they are not more widely recognized and labeled for what they really are. The vendors who sell these should be held responsible for providing this information. Unfortunately most are just out to make a quick buck.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a Bonded pr of Wheeler's Gobies with a Red Banded Pistol Shrimp & a Bonded Pr of Fire shrimp that I've never seen before. Instead of the white spots they actually have a white line that curves around the back of the head, I'll get pics when they let me. LOL

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got rid of my paly’s Back in January- no desire to keep a highly toxic - potentially lethal organism in the display - I don’t understand how they can be described as a good beginner’s softer. Not with an unsuspecting beginner - perhaps Julian Sprung is right - respect them - and imho in their natural habitats.

How did you get rid of them, i have a few that are attached to the same small rock the my Kenya Tree coral is attached to.

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
6a68ff7a1a219e80db011e0f8c55986d.jpg
took this before/after pic of a bleached torch I bought for 20 bucks

Ed517

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed filter socks and fed the DT. When doing a water change on the QT i noticed my clowns started hosting their BTA after a week together. Been watching them all night

OP
OP
ndrwater

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed em. Watched them for a bit, and had a long and in-depth conversation with my 4 year old grandson about why worms are good for fish even though they probably taste terrible.
Gotta love 4 year olds...

srad750c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test driving a Jebao DP-4, checking Ca and KH. 10 gal change on my 90 gal, caught a yellow tang, removed some Hollywood Stunner again, it grows fast, I love it but it stings my Red Planet. I can’t have that. That’s my favorite SPS so far. Tried to remove a Rose Bubble cause it split last night, and both of them in bad places. Guess I have to do a semi breakdown to move out. Guess I’m setting up a tank just for them. Can’t get rid of, like them way too much.

Mike Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought this would be a fun thread.. So what did you do? Water change? Add that new fish you have been looking for for months? Maybe you finally got your recent build wet.
Let us know!! Pix always appreciated!!

For me, today was the day I pulled a TON of Palythoa Toxica that I have been meaning to remove for months. They were taking over a whole corner of the tank. So far... No I'll affects on yours truly, and hoping it stays that way!!

How about you?? Let's hear it!!
I bought a Diodogorgia nodulifera Gorgonian a new pink cabbage leather with green polyps 3 scarlet reef crabs and a brittle starfish cleaned the glass and moves a coralimorph that has never been happy

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back