What did you do to your tank today?

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought this would be a fun thread.. So what did you do? Water change? Add that new fish you have been looking for for months? Maybe you finally got your recent build wet.
Let us know!! Pix always appreciated!!

For me, today was the day I pulled a TON of Palythoa Toxica that I have been meaning to remove for months. They were taking over a whole corner of the tank. So far... No I'll affects on yours truly, and hoping it stays that way!!

How about you?? Let's hear it!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ndrwater

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed my carbon, moved some chromis going through TTM and took some random coral pics

Let's see those pics!! Personally, I am the world's worst tank photographer, but would love to see yours!!

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ya added to the ATO. That's almost a daily occurrence lol.
IMG_0470.JPG
Snapseed.jpg
Snapseed.jpg
Snapseed.jpg

OP
OP
ndrwater

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost forgot, also acclimated a trio of mollies to saltwater and added them to the little AIO that is a mangrove tank. Eventually, I want to add a wartskin angler to this tank.
IMG_20180311_194722.jpg

And yes, I need to wipe the algae.. the Freshwater AI Prime I have over this tank is POWERFUL!!

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fed my fish! Topped off the sump, got a few pics of the zoas and the Paly and laughed at my splenden boy nesting and flirting with a pallifina female ( both are betta species, one is a bubbleneatet and one a mouthbrooder and cannot produce viable fry) and laughed at my big pallifina who was staying in a perfect cave spot looking as Dad as a betta can look. Also took a pic of the buceps growing on my rockwork as it’s my favorite place in the entire tank. I’m just hoping that eventually the sw can look just as lovely.
7343B585-21CA-485F-A9DA-8FAA63E65625.jpeg
C628335D-5A2B-4B62-B419-E7DDC99355F9.jpeg
18ACC3BD-19CD-4C39-8B70-C95C69049730.jpeg
34469086-3986-4539-A4CD-E8D17DFC3E27.jpeg

OP
OP
ndrwater

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why add them to saltwater?

Mollies are generally freshwater, but acclimate well to saltwater. They have been used for years by those in the know to help with algae. Especially hair algae.
These guys are in this tank for a couple of reasons. 1st, the tank was looking bare without any fish, and hopefully in time, their babies will be wartskin angler food. Been on the hunt for a pink and white angler for a while. Have feelers out, but no luck just yet..

tdowning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from changing out some filter socks...I fed my fish, sat back and enjoyed my tank. It's too easy all too often to get caught up in the "work" of the tank, that I try to stop and smell the roses, if you will as often as possible :)

IMG_2892.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned up some wiring with Zip Ties, did a 10% water change re-positioned some new coral I got last week from the Acanlord live sale and built a DIY skimate locker that I posted in the DIY section. Oh yea I fed the fish also.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see, I did 50% w/c's on 2 q/t's. I finally took a razor scrapper to the front glass on the 75.I had some rough sandpaper kinda algae . I dosed & tested same 75. I went way too high on the alk. I siphoned a patch of sand in the 180.& tested that also. I siphoned 1/2 water from one mixing barrel to another. I had only meant to fill half way. However My DA went to bed & forgot . I woke up to a flooded floor in the fish room & a full 40 gl barrel. Ok I admit it ! OK ? Other than that ? :D

Tedzilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of getting my tank up. I gave my last setup to my sister when I moved cross country recently. I got everything plumbed today, and ran my overflow and return pump for a test run. Everything was going great, until I pulled a dry fitting loose. I had water gushing from a downspout, but quickly got that under control. I turned off my pump the second it happened. Now, my return line, which is reinforced nylon, hasn't had anything added to it on the opposite end of the pump. Also, no check valve in the middle. So while I was wiping my brow from getting the downspout fixed, my pump started siphoning. This all happened while I was cooking a steak btw. So I rushed to check the steak, and came back out to hear a bunch of gurgling... LUCKILY, I've decided to do anything with a sump- in my garage (which has drain pipes). Long story short, I had freshwater spill out all over, but no harm, no foul. Just a quick reminder to pay close attention when dealing with sumps, and especially testing with dry fits. I think I'll copy my own comment and start a thread to see how many people will raise their hand to this happening to them (in order to not highjack this thread).

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did all my water changes and such yesterday, so the fish got fed and the top off reservoirs refilled today. I also went to the LFS for frozen food. I grabbed fish eggs to try because they were out of mysis and my fish went nuts for them.

OP
OP
ndrwater

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I siphoned 1/2 water from one mixing barrel to another. I had only meant to fill half way. However My DA went to bed & forgot . I woke up to a flooded floor in the fish room & a full 40 gl barrel. Ok I admit it ! OK ? Other than that ? :D

... Long story short, I had freshwater spill out all over, but no harm, no foul. Just a quick reminder to pay close attention when dealing with sumps, and especially testing with dry fits. I think I'll copy my own comment and start a thread to see how many people will raise their hand to this happening to them (in order to not highjack this thread).

I wish I could say neither of these have ever happened to me...... But I can't....;-)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back