What do i do now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darrel24
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Darrel24

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2026
Messages
75
Reaction score
19
Location
Jakarta
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000056864.jpg

I just got this piece of dryrock i thougjt it was a perfect fit to finalize the arch on my tank but its way too big should i smash it or rearrange all the rocks but if i do that where should i do it?

About the stock its jyst 1 orche striped cardinal cause my tank just finished cycling
 
I would get more smaller rocks and glue them to this structure, by reinforce it with smaller rocks, if you want arch it would almost have to be glued together to hold.
 
I would get more smaller rocks and glue them to this structure, by reinforce it with smaller rocks, if you want arch it would almost have to be glued together to hold.
Wait could i break it up into smaller pieces and make more islands?
 
Breaking them up is a great way to get what you want. Before you do, look at lots of photos of other tanks and the ocean rock in reefs, and work on ideas.

Going in with a hammer and no plan will be a struggle.
 
I had a bunch of big dry rocks and couldn't get the scape right. Eventually used a hammer and "chisel" (a big flathead screwdriver) to break them apart. Then glued them together with gel superglue and hid the seams with rock dust and sand while the glue was still wet. Super annoying and tedious process at times, but I'm really pleased with the result. (Tank is almost 3 months old.)

1000031132.jpg

1000031127.jpg

1000028518.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new