What Do you all Like to dose in your reef systems?

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As it sates what do you like to dose. Not including Magnesium, Alk and Calc. Anything else is fair game. Do you hand dose them, auto dose? Trace elements? Anything I want to know why you dose it and does it have the desired effects you were looking for. Photos are great too!

Ill start. I auto dose everything but the only thing I currently dose is Acropower. I am not sure If I am getting what it describes but it is not hurting any so I let it dose hah. I did used to dose Red Sea coral colors but stopped but might strt it back up since I have now figured out my issue with PE and everything looks amazing.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course I do dose alk and CA (but that's not what you were asking lol). The only other thing I dose is Amino acids and they seem to help a lot with color, growth and PE. There are lots of different ones, such as AcroPower and Aquavitro Fuel, but essentially they serve the same purpose. In addition I do dose Kents Marine Coral Vite. Not sure if it does anything but I've used it from the start and I think if everything is doing well, no point in changing it :)

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
30 ml daily. Wow what size tank. I am doing I think 8ml of Acropower for a 180 maybe I need to up the dosage.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing. I don't like to dose anything. I like to enjoy my aquarium, like to watch the fishes swim, like to see the growth and coloration of my corals over time, like to cat nap to the sound of gently flowing water... Dosing is a chore, and one I try and do as little as possible.

Dosing pump with Triton Core7. Everything else is on an only as required basis, and just as minimal as possible. Nothing on any sort of regular basis. Note, tank is fairly new, things change, but I seriously doubt I'm _ever_ going to 'like' dosing.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0072.JPG
Reef energy A and B, trace elements.

zsuzsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i run 1 zeovit reef and use their stuff, and i run 1 red sea rcp reef and use all their stuff at recommended dosages . both are nice but the red sea program is much easier, and has more growth. ...zsu

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on triton .. and have dosed lithium , strontium , manganese , or what ever else they advise .. other than that I dose 2000mg twice a day of vitamin C . And every now and again nitrate plus ..

Donovan Joannes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daily dosing of amino mix, energy, vitality, iodide, iron, stronti, traces and some booze for my bacteria. Mixed reef, SPS dominated non-WC 75G tank.

sh4ne88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im on DSR (Dutch Synthetic Reefing) I dose daily. Alk, Ca, Iodine, Manganese, Carbon V/S and Fe Trace (iron trace element) on automatic dosing. and once a week Amino's and once at 10 days KZ A-Balance for the random bleeching of my acro's bottoms (some did before and it seemed to help)
339b1d5288c5a5d92268c2c63c310afe.jpg

Ubergroover

Engineer by day, Musician/golfer/reefer by night
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im on DSR (Dutch Synthetic Reefing) I dose daily. Alk, Ca, Iodine, Manganese, Carbon V/S and Fe Trace (iron trace element) on automatic dosing. and once a week Amino's and once at 10 days KZ A-Balance for the random bleeching of my acro's bottoms (some did before and it seemed to help)
339b1d5288c5a5d92268c2c63c310afe.jpg
DSR? tank looks great..where can I read more about it?

sh4ne88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSR? tank looks great..where can I read more about it?

http://www.dsrreefing.nl

I'm from the netherlands but the site is in english mayb there is also a retailer in the us for it. It is great keeping my parameters verry steady on my 35 gallon tank[emoji1360]

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back