What do you do for work?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cameron
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I am a union steward at the arena in San Diego. I am in charge of the guys that hang all of that heavy stuff like speakers, lights, and video walls over your heads for concerts. I am also a freelance Technical Director designing and supervising all of the technical details for corporate events and special events around the world.
 
After reading through this thread I'm a bit embarrassed. But I spend the days with my 5 year old and work all 5 weeknights and 13 hours on saturday as a pizza guy. As low on the pole as it sounds, I love my job which I've been doing for almost 20 years.:oops:
 
After reading through this thread I'm a bit embarrassed. But I spend the days with my 5 year old and work all 5 weeknights and 13 hours on saturday as a pizza guy. As low on the pole as it sounds, I love my job which I've been doing for almost 20 years.:oops:


NEVER be ashamed of what you do, you support your family, that makes you a winner everyday!
 
I am a chinook helicopter pilot for the US Army.

That is extreamly cool. I used to fly a few times a week in Nam and crashed in one. Probably this one. I have a lot of respect for pilots. Thank you.
 
After reading through this thread I'm a bit embarrassed. But I spend the days with my 5 year old and work all 5 weeknights and 13 hours on saturday as a pizza guy. As low on the pole as it sounds, I love my job which I've been doing for almost 20 years.:oops:

Never be embarrassed about supporting your family! You get to spend more time with your kid and you love what you do. That's a win!
 
Drilling supervisor for ConocoPhillips on the north slope of alaska. It's only about -50 below in the winter lol
 
Assistant Vice President of Merchant Services for Banc of America. (Work for the main corporation not the bank side of things)
 
I am the director of e-commerce sales and major accounts (lowes, depot, costco) for a company that makes wood stoves and pellet stoves.
 
After reading through this thread I'm a bit embarrassed. But I spend the days with my 5 year old and work all 5 weeknights and 13 hours on saturday as a pizza guy. As low on the pole as it sounds, I love my job which I've been doing for almost 20 years.:oops:

No reason to be embarrased. What is important IMO is if one is a good person or not, not what one does for a living. All jobs are important. :)

Your kid has the luck that you can spend so much time together. (Can't find a thumbsup smiley in the list)
 
I prepare and file the tax forms for 401(k) and Health and Welfare plans. Mostly sitting at a desk all day dreaming about what I'm going to do to my tank next
 
I have two jobs my main one is a IT system business architect at a bank and my part time is VP of information technology for a company that makes special fiber optic cable. We should get the mods to open up a resume or job listing here lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new