What do you do for work?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cameron
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Bar tenders make good money in tips.
Yes, I've been doing it for 12 years. I track my tips hourly and hourly pay and average between $36-$40 an hour. It's just not a job I can see myself at as a career. Also, I don't have paid vacation or medical, and I only have 1 day off a week.
 
Yes, I've been doing it for 12 years. I track my tips hourly and hourly pay and average between $36-$40 an hour. It's just not a job I can see myself at as a career. Also, I don't have paid vacation or medical, and I only have 1 day off a week.
If you find a job you like, you can still work as a bartender part time.
 
Hospital sales representative selling blood thinning meds.
 
You really don't know how hard it is until you try it. It takes a lot of practice.
 
I'd post a pic of my boat....but the page isn't big enough lol ;)
otherwise I'm a sparky...plumber....carpenter....
 
Phlebotomist at Martin Luther King community hosptal, gardena memorial hospital and centinela hospital medical center.
 
I am a microbiologist, although with the innovations the past decade or so perhaps my job is best called a molecular biologist now. Next gen sequencing with bioinformatics and rtPCR have replaced traditional microbiology differential plating and other techniques for a large part.
 
Fisheries biologist specializing in larval fish taxonomy. Most days I'm working with a microscope but I also participate in routine filed work that includes; setting nets, working on boats, and scuba diving. Plus I get to use the microscope to take pics of cool stuff I find in my tank:)

The first 3 are clownfish larvae and the last one is a yellowfin goby that hatched in my tank
cf_zps16a5930a.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new