What do you do with your old powerheads

  • Thread starter Thread starter ncfishguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ncfishguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2014
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
123
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my MP 40
94bea97d3378ceaa70a196245822d86a.jpg

Put in the back of my work truck!!
 
Hold for awhile than finally dump them due to impellers not available or for <$10 more I can have new pump.
 
I'm using one right now trying to make a rogue RBTA uncomfortable in hopes of getting it to come loose so I can grab it. It's causing havoc on its neighbors.
 
I'm using one right now trying to make a rogue RBTA uncomfortable in hopes of getting it to come loose so I can grab it. It's causing havoc on its neighbors.

Here's a neat trick to remove him. Get a cup,put ice in it as well as a little water. Put a butter knife in cup. Hang the NEM. upside down over a container of water. Now use a very cold blade and touch around bottom of foot till he let's go. Or try carefully try to peel him off rock, a little at a time.
Good Luck ;)

PS: RBTA's love water movement alot!! :oops:
 
Thanks for the tip. I read about the ice on the foot trick, but my problem is its foot is buried very deeply in my base rock. We are talking total tear down in order to remove rock, all for a split. Very frustrating.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new