What do you feed your corals?

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
531
Reaction score
484
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What foods do you feed your corals? And do you target feed or broadcast feed your tank? I feed mainly frozen foods like arcti pods phytoplankton, zooplankton etc, or prepared foods like coral delight or marine snow.
 
I have a standard feeding schedule. Once a day I use 4 cubes, mainly for the fish: 1X Emerald Entree, 1x Seaweed Delight, 1X Marine Cuisine, and 1X Reef Plankton each from the SF Bay brand. I typically also put a sheet of nori in each day as well.

I suspect but cannot prove, that the corals snag some of the Reef Plankton out of the water column. I do know the clowns bring some bits to their LTA, as I can see that activity.

About once a month, I'll spot feed corals some Reef Roids but haven't done that lately. Maybe later this week. The zoas and bubble coral seem to really react to the Reef Roids.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new