What do you feed your LPS?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I LOVE LPS!! When I started in the hobby, my favorite corals were favias, chalices, and scolies. These are still some of my favs.

What do you guys feed your LPS? Do you target feed, or just broadcast (or do you feed at all)?

1.jpg

This beautiful scoly belongs to @Krzydmnd!

RunBikeSwim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spot feed only.
Coral frenzy when I’m lazy.
Chopped shrimp or scallops when I have time.
My LPS looks happier with real food vs pellets, but they don’t have a vote.

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef roids & reef chilli twice a week. I squirt some in the flow of a power head to broadcast it in the tank just enough to ring the dinner bell,wait a few minutes then spot feed the rest of the food.

Entz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Roids twice a week currently -- once direct (baster+flow off) and once broadcast (mixed with food). They also tend to capture mysis.

oldbob50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Target feed all my LPS and my recordias every day. 30 ml of Phytoplankton (Mercer of Montanna) and alternate every other day with 15 ml of Microvert or 20 ml Reef Roids (1 tsp per 1/2 cup of water). Skimmer is off for 6 hours during and after the feeding and the main pump is in a 10 minute feed mode during the actual feeding. I don't target my zoas or other softies and I don't have any SPS. Seems to be working for my tank. Good growth and color. Only lost one Orange Sun but that was due to putting it in a tank that was too new to support it and that was before i started this daily approach. What I did was take the weekly recommended amounts divide it into 7 days and that's what I started with. I have tons of filter feeders, happy corals and pods up the wazoo.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I typically broadcast feed. Starting this weekend, im going to target feed each Sunday to assure my corals are getting food

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Broad cast Reef Frenzy daily ,once a week I target with reef roids and occasionally phytoplankton.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Target feed mysis shrimp 2-3 times a week and reef chili to softies and any lps that gets some. Growing like weeds!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't feed my corals but I do feed my fish clams which have clam juice that goes all over the tank so I assume they eat that. I know my sponges that are all over my tank filter it out.

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix a little reef chili or benereef in with my frozen mix (LRS, roe, Artemis, brine shrimp etc), my fish, mainly the tangs, crop dust the corals
5977F636-F37B-4BE3-9B47-1BC3F947E331.jpeg

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish poop and any detritus that the wave makers kick around. Feed your fish feed your corals.

Beth Villmow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Target feed all my LPS and my recordias every day. 30 ml of Phytoplankton (Mercer of Montanna) and alternate every other day with 15 ml of Microvert or 20 ml Reef Roids (1 tsp per 1/2 cup of water). Skimmer is off for 6 hours during and after the feeding and the main pump is in a 10 minute feed mode during the actual feeding. I don't target my zoas or other softies and I don't have any SPS. Seems to be working for my tank. Good growth and color. Only lost one Orange Sun but that was due to putting it in a tank that was too new to support it and that was before i started this daily approach. What I did was take the weekly recommended amounts divide it into 7 days and that's what I started with. I have tons of filter feeders, happy corals and pods up the wazoo.
That sounds like an awesome method, I can see I need to stock up on some foods next time I can get to my fish store! Thanks!

Back