What do you feed your SPS tank???

  • Thread starter Thread starter 300bowler
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've been looking at reef roids. Right now I dose alkalinity and calcium everyday but was just looking to maybe get some better coloration with another coral food supplement.
 
I feed quite a bit, and it works wonders. 130 gallon display, but I use the same ratio for my propagation tanks whether they have sps or not because feeding helps everything.
Daily: Reef nutrition phytoplankton, roughly 1 drop per gallon. Oyster feast, rotifers, or nauplii rotating throughout the week. Also dose acropower.
For LPS I feed a mixture of small high protein pellets, medium pellets, mysis, and krill if the polyps are big enough.

My philosophy is this, corals have their entire body dedicated to catching food, and feed voraciously on the reef, why on earth shouldn't we feed them in our reef systems. Sure, it adds some issues with nutrient control but we can always control it, so we should.
 
I need to pick up a few more varieties to feed and a few more fish for that matter, but right now I'm just feeding oyster feast, coral frenzy, mysis, formula 2 flakes, new spectrum pellets, and rods reef.
 
I feed coral frenzy 2x a week and phyto 2x a week...and I dose acropower...is that overkill? :D
 
Reef roids, and a ton of fish poop.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new