What do you guys collect?

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I collect urchins. So far three different species and four individuals(tux, halloween, pencil), but I plan to make it 5(local purple, longspine) within the year. Does anyone else have a collection of crabs, nudis, shrimps, or some other cool animal that you have in large quantities?

Reeeeeally want to start a sea hare collection too but no shot I can keep that many lol, maybe a bristleworm collection.

Lemons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I collect different types of problematic algaes. And weird nervous ticks about my tank ... LOL

But nah i used to collect scoly's! But then my random scoly plight hit :(

Now its torches :)

Attachments

• 20231005_142802.jpg
    20231005_142802.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 39

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I collect urchins. So far three different species and four individuals(tux, halloween, pencil), but I plan to make it 5(local purple, longspine) within the year. Does anyone else have a collection of crabs, nudis, shrimps, or some other cool animal that you have in large quantities?

Reeeeeally want to start a sea hare collection too but no shot I can keep that many lol, maybe a bristleworm collection.
I wish I could collect all kinds of puffer fish :) just have a porcupine, always looks so happy with his smile

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fish tanks. i have 10 right now, not all are running. and algae. i also collect a lot of algae

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 torches, 9 hammers and 4 frog/octospawn... But I collect "Hornet" zoas and, more recently, Jawbreaker mushrooms. At one point I was up to 14 types of Hornet zoas, IIRC. There are also way more types of Jawbreakers than I realized before falling head first down that rabbit hole. :D

q8cyu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I somewhat collect mangroves. All three species (red, white, black.) and over 50 individual mangroves. (30ish red, 10ish white, 20ish black.) I am growing/QT them for a while then add them to my refugium along with cheato.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Tanks...
My 5th one is up and running.
4 Are already reefs, 5th will be as soon as I get some coral in it.

zoe kravitz problem GIF

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I collect different types of problematic algaes. And weird nervous ticks about my tank ... LOL

But nah i used to collect scoly's! But then my random scoly plight hit :(

Now its torches :)
I'm curious what you think may have caused the scoly plight? I had one years ago that did well for quite awhile then just faded away never could figure out why and would like to try again someday after some further research.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I collect rescue fish! Ones that were abused or need care to heal :) same with dogs but my BF wont let me have more than the two I have lol

Lemons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious what you think may have caused the scoly plight? I had one years ago that did well for quite awhile then just faded away never could figure out why and would like to try again someday after some further research.

I think its some sort of pathogen... ive used amox and cipro and a few other antibiotics but never seemed to help

The only thing that changed for the scoly's before they all started declining was i bought a new grand master... and like a doof I didnt QT it as i had bought from that vender before.

The grand master was the first one that show'd the "white streak of death" i have now called it.

And now slowly every scoly i have/had, now has various stages of this wasting disease. So im gonna wait until the last one goes then give it a year or so until i try again.

Was tough seeing a scoly i had had for five years waste away infront of my eyes :(

(The third last scoly i still have, and the best looking one at that)

Attachments

• 20231117_155222.jpg
    20231117_155222.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 28

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back