What do you guys put your clams on

E13MentX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys suggest putting clams on something? (like clam hammock for the clam to attach)? I recently got a 2 new clams that is not attached to anything, was wondering if I need to get something for the clam to grab onto besides sand.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have two crocea clams and they’ve stayed put on these holders.

What clams do you have?

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never felt comfortable letting them attach to a big piece of LR in the tank for fear I will have to move them in the future so I glue up a small ruble pile just bigger then the clam and let them attach to that. I can then move them around until I find a spot they like and looks good to me without having to worry about damage to their foot. It's free if you have a piece of rock you can break up and glue back together into a small disk. The above posted would also work great just looks a bit unnatural. Also a must for rock attaching clams you want to keep on your sand bed.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the clam holders/hammocks are definitely a good idea

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a clam hammock for my derasa, put it exactly where he'd been hanging out and he kept propelling himself right off of it and back onto the sand bed so I gave up.

ChristianAl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a clam hammock for my derasa, put it exactly where he'd been hanging out and he kept propelling himself right off of it and back onto the sand bed so I gave up.

I keep mine in the sand bed and he's happy

Back