What do you guys put your clams on

  • Thread starter Thread starter E13MentX
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

E13MentX

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Messages
87
Reaction score
33
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys suggest putting clams on something? (like clam hammock for the clam to attach)? I recently got a 2 new clams that is not attached to anything, was wondering if I need to get something for the clam to grab onto besides sand.
 
Ive never felt comfortable letting them attach to a big piece of LR in the tank for fear I will have to move them in the future so I glue up a small ruble pile just bigger then the clam and let them attach to that. I can then move them around until I find a spot they like and looks good to me without having to worry about damage to their foot. It's free if you have a piece of rock you can break up and glue back together into a small disk. The above posted would also work great just looks a bit unnatural. Also a must for rock attaching clams you want to keep on your sand bed.
 
I think the clam holders/hammocks are definitely a good idea
 
I purchased a clam hammock for my derasa, put it exactly where he'd been hanging out and he kept propelling himself right off of it and back onto the sand bed so I gave up.
 
I purchased a clam hammock for my derasa, put it exactly where he'd been hanging out and he kept propelling himself right off of it and back onto the sand bed so I gave up.

I keep mine in the sand bed and he's happy
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new