What do you have planned this week for your reef?

What do you have planned this week for your reef? (check all that apply)

• Buying/Adding new livestock

Votes: 302 24.9%
  • Buying/Adding new equipment

Votes: 264 21.8%
  • Cleaning/Water change

Votes: 733 60.5%
  • Testing of some sort

Votes: 649 53.5%
  • Aquascaping/Rescaping

Votes: 124 10.2%
  • Troubleshooting an issue

Votes: 189 15.6%
  • Just enjoying...

Votes: 512 42.2%
  • Other, please post in thread.

Votes: 52 4.3%

• Total voters

Rich Klein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll just be watching and feeding, my tank does it’s own constant waterchanges so I’m off the hook. I’ll do my weekly water tests next sunday.
42982E14-57E4-43CF-AE2D-573790F9C385.jpeg
FC4AE5D2-1033-4799-ABC2-3174DAB5C49A.jpeg
Beautiful for sure!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dealing with a one-sided popeye on my Talbot Damsel. I think he hit something when the Maroon Clown chased him when he got too close to the BT. Testing water parameters. Water change on Friday/Saturday.
I have had two Talbot damsels, one got cloudy eye and got better for a month, and the it got it again. I have a tomato clown pair, and when it happened the first time I thought it was a fluke but the second time I d figured it had got into a dispute with the pair. Old one eye and his mate have been with me four about 4 years -they are great fish.
This weekend I’ll be home and probably test parameters to see how much my wife has been spoiling the tank. I will also start scraping the coralline from the viewing panes. It’s been almost a year since I put the tank in low maintaince mode.

Seamore2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was planning on just enjoying this week (I count things like normal parameter tests & my weekly water changes as part of that). But yesterday I got an email from Unique Corals about their Wednesday new additions and got sucked in.... So I guess I should go back and change my answer to "Buying/adding new livestock".

I reckon I might also end up going to the LFS this weekend to take in some frags for trade (found a place that wants Xenia!), so might come home with something (hopefully just live rock for a new tank I'm setting up).

Also going to the local aquarium society meeting tonight (freshwater) so will probably end up with something for one of the under-stocked tanks I have running.

It never ends - and I love it!

Seamore2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did practically none of the things that I had planned and said I would do except water change and testing. I did not set up the new-to-me 29 biocube, I did not take frags to the LFS for trade. I DID go to a new LFS and came home with a tiger pistol shrimp and a Stonogobiops nematodes shrimp goby.

Oh yeah - at the local (freshwater) aquarium society meeting a friend walked in with a bag and asked if I wanted a clown fish (ocellaris). Since my wife had commented a few days before that I needed a clown for my RBTAs, I said yes. This clown had lived in my friend's tank for 10 years, but since he's getting out of SW for a while, she now has a new home. And of course since the meeting always ends with an auction, I did come home with some fish and plants for a 10 gal that I had running with just snails in it.

So it goes - another successful weekend of doing nothing that I had planned. I wonder what next week holds for me?

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did practically none of the things that I had planned and said I would do except water change and testing. I did not set up the new-to-me 29 biocube, I did not take frags to the LFS for trade. I DID go to a new LFS and came home with a tiger pistol shrimp and a Stonogobiops nematodes shrimp goby.

Oh yeah - at the local (freshwater) aquarium society meeting a friend walked in with a bag and asked if I wanted a clown fish (ocellaris). Since my wife had commented a few days before that I needed a clown for my RBTAs, I said yes. This clown had lived in my friend's tank for 10 years, but since he's getting out of SW for a while, she now has a new home. And of course since the meeting always ends with an auction, I did come home with some fish and plants for a 10 gal that I had running with just snails in it.

So it goes - another successful weekend of doing nothing that I had planned. I wonder what next week holds for me?
Love the High Fins! I just ordered an Alpheus Randalli for my little guy.

I did get most of my list done. Had to order a trap to catch my cave dwelling fish though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.9%
Back