What do you look for when buying a new tank?

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys ever browse facebook or offerup to see what people are selling? What do you guys look for while browsing. Do you look for tanks with an over flow and stuff built in already or if the price is right?

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice I ever got when I bought my first tank was to buy new and get one that’s “reef ready”. While I’m sure there are bargains on used tanks, I don’t have the expertise to tell if the tank is in good shape. Same thing goes on reef ready. I know others do it, but the whole idea of drilling holes into a new tank just makes me nervous. I’ve seen too many posts showing chip outs around holes that make the tank unusable or in need of a patch of some sort. Why take the risk

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
"When you buy used items, you are (more often than not) buying other people's problems."

OP
OP
santeeeyyy

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice I ever got when I bought my first tank was to buy new and get one that’s “reef ready”. While I’m sure there are bargains on used tanks, I don’t have the expertise to tell if the tank is in good shape. Same thing goes on reef ready. I know others do it, but the whole idea of drilling holes into a new tank just makes me nervous. I’ve seen too many posts showing chip outs around holes that make the tank unusable or in need of a patch of some sort. Why take the risk
Yea. I was just browsing around to see what’s around. My next tank I’m planning on just taking my step moms current goldfish tank. It’s massive all I need to do is just drill and take a shot at plumbing

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back