What do you most look for in a coral?

What do you most look for in a coral?

  • Color/color pattern

    Votes: 30 83.3%
  • growth form (plating, branching, etc.)

    Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Polyp size (LPS, SPS)

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Temperment (aggressive/passive)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adds motion (mainly softies)

    Votes: 1 2.8%

  • Total voters
    36

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
3,361
Reaction score
58
Location
TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all know there is a huge array of corals out on the market, probably one for every taste. But, what is it that that makes you the most excited about a particular coral? Is it the color/pattern of color, growth pattern, etc. Please vote in the poll and let us know what your favorite coral is, even if you don't own it.
 
The over all look of it. I see a lot of chalices that look great as a colony but as a one eye frag it is very bland.

I like colors that pop!
 
It used to be all about color for me. Lately the SPS bug has bit me and growth pattern has become as important as color
 
Sps doesn't really appeal to me as much as lps and softies. With that being said, my vote is color and size.....
 
I am partially color blind and there are many color shades that I don't see so I look for bright, true colors. There are probably many pleasantly colored corals that I pass on because I can't see the colors they contain.
 
color w/growth running a very close second.
 
I just look for pieces that will look great in my tank. I look to add diversity and a new dimension to my tank.
 
cant just pic one... color and growth form! color matters allot but if I cant fit it in or around my other corals I cant get it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new