What do you recommend for hosting?

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
1,409
Reaction score
21
Location
Los Angeles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added a beautiful pair of tank raised baby percs to my system. The tank they were in at the LFS contained lots of anemone and these guys apparently grew accustomed to hosting. They immediately took to my duncans but the duncans just get ticked when they try to host and often close up. This is a mixed 50G reef with lots of zoas, palys and a few sps. I used to have a rose bubble and loved it so it is very tempting to go for one again but I worry about the damage it could do finding it's preferred spot in the tank. What do you guys recommend I try? Should I risk a bubble tip or another anemone or try something like a frogspawn? Thanks for any advise you can give me :)
 
I would get a Bubble Tip anenome. Having your clowns host in a frogspawn or other LPS will only stress the coral out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new