What do you think??

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got rock sand and about 15 gallons of water in my 90 now there is a difference in water level less than an 1/8 from the left to right. Am I safe to proceed??

Now I’m also theorizing, based off physics. With more rock on right and sand. And overflow on left the water displacement is different from left to right.. that could be the difference?there??? Or am I completely wrong?

NB Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running a return pump when measuring? If so I would turn it off to do the measurement. I believe, not a scientist, that if the tank is level and stable there shouldn’t be a water level difference from one side to the other. Maybe shim the low side to level?

OP
OP
Areeflover

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running a return pump when measuring? If so I would turn it off to do the measurement. I believe, not a scientist, that if the tank is level and stable there shouldn’t be a water level difference from one side to the other. Maybe shim the low side to level?
No I’m in the middle of filling it up.. I’m setting it up now it’s got 20gal of water in it currently

Jgg12002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I’m concerned my tanks 75 gallon and 50 gallon are both within 1/16” on bare floor and I’m happy. I've Often wondered about shims and the stand warping. I’m no expert but i would fill it up.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Out of level and tank or stand needs to be shimmed. I’d go with stand

OP
OP
Areeflover

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I’m concerned my tanks 75 gallon and 50 gallon are both within 1/16” on bare floor and I’m happy. I've Often wondered about shims and the stand warping. I’m no expert but i would fill it up.
It’s definitely not on bare floor. Lot of shims on left side put a long piece of trim under it to support entire left side. But I went ahead and beat shim in a little more got it <1/16 difference

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
Areeflover

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I shimmed it friday pretty dang close to perfect.. I started to fill decided to measure has just over an 1/8th difference from left to right water level I went ahead beat the shims gently a little more now it’s <1/16th

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back