What do you use to maintain the calcium & alkalinity?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Brightwell Aquatics Reef Code A and B . Which I normally buy through you guys :bigsmile:

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Brightwell Aquatics Reef Code A and B . Which I normally buy through you guys :bigsmile:

Thank you for sharing and shopping with us! How and how often do you dose? How large is your tank? :typing:

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing and shopping with us! How and how often do you dose? How large is your tank? :typing:

Every other day and it is all manually :squigglemouth: ... unfortunately. I do not have a doser system set up yet. I have a 75 gal display reef & a 135 gal macro/fuge tank all plumbed into a 40 gal sump. I just follow the directions on the bottle to the approx. amount of water I have in my system.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Every other day and it is all manually :squigglemouth: ... unfortunately. I do not have a doser system set up yet. I have a 75 gal display reef & a 135 gal macro/fuge tank all plumbed into a 40 gal sump. I just follow the directions on the bottle to the approx. amount of water I have in my system.

I personally haven't tried a dosing system on my own aquarium but we have one in the office and it's pretty sweet. Although for me, I never really minded dosing the tank every day. I don't travel much (except my commute to MD) so it's never really been an issue, plus... I like being hands-on with my tank. Things may change once kid #2 comes along...

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
I personally haven't tried a dosing system on my own aquarium but we have one in the office and it's pretty sweet. Although for me, I never really minded dosing the tank every day. I don't travel much (except my commute to MD) so it's never really been an issue, plus... I like being hands-on with my tank. Things may change once kid #2 comes along...

Yea, we end up travelling quite a bit so it would be nice to get some more things automated. I do love being hands-on with my tank as well though. You can just teach kid#2 to help out too! ;)

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
You can just teach kid#2 to help out too! ;)

Good point, I'm already teaching kid #1 the fine art of putting things away. lol She's only 1 1/2, so a little young for reefing, but I got her a little API betta tank for her birthday in October. Get 'em started early!

jt17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Proflux dosing pump with b ionic in aquamaxx stackable containers.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back