What do you use your first socket for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know the name of it but I am not talking about socket S1. I mean the socket that isn’t like controllable (maybe it is?) I think it’s like a max 15 amp or some thing. Just curious!

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the old power bars 5.1 it the socket permanent?
Yes my friend this one.. lol didn’t look it says permanent.. what do you use it for?

1167B0B6-289B-4C5D-82A9-F368557DCB98.jpeg

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I’m sorry I’m an idiot y’all. I didn’t realize it had a dimmable and A permanent socket lol. It says on the website you can plug the p4 itself right into it for power. Any idea if my lights would be too strong? Just trying to plan all my outlets out / maybe order another Powerbar but want to utilize it the best I can now.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Powerbars. I use one permanent socket for a UPS that has the P4 plugged into it and the other has a power cut monitor plugged into it.

The dimmable socket (S5) is only rated for 2.2A, it has a 3A fuse.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I like hijacking threads..... Has anyone found a use for the dimmable socket?

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I like hijacking threads..... Has anyone found a use for the dimmable socket?
Brew what do you use your permanent socket for?
Do you plug your p4 itself into it?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brew what do you use your permanent socket for?
Do you plug your p4 itself into it?
Umm... I have something plugged into it, but I can't recall what it is! ;Sorry

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm... I have something plugged into it, but I can't recall what it is! ;Sorry
Do you own the Vortech controller setup?? Sorry taking this a whole different direction lol...

Trying to see if I need Vortechs reef link or something in order to use the Vortech controller thing or just normal WqD pumps...

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you own the Vortech controller setup?? Sorry taking this a whole different direction lol...

Trying to see if I need Vortechs reef link or something in order to use the Vortech controller thing or just normal WqD pumps...
I do not use Vortechs. Can't help.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also one more question...

So I have two varios 6 pumps and have the stuff to hook them up to the p4 (breakout box and cable and whatnot just haven’t done it yet)

Both of these pumps are controllable however I do not switch how they operate such as I let them stay at the level they are ( level 2/5 for my return and 4/5 for my skimmer )

Could I go about connecting these to my p4 via the breakout box and control them for different things rather than having to plug them into the outlet on the Powerbar?
Specifically I am thinking about hooking my skimmer pump up via the 1-10v hookup and if I can I’d like to have it turn on and off for x amount of hours a day. I don’t know if this is possible from the breakout box or if I need to just use the outlet simple on/off timer .. just trying to use the stuff I got rather than fill a Powerbar outlet.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also one more question...

So I have two varios 6 pumps and have the stuff to hook them up to the p4 (breakout box and cable and whatnot just haven’t done it yet)

Both of these pumps are controllable however I do not switch how they operate such as I let them stay at the level they are ( level 2/5 for my return and 4/5 for my skimmer )

Could I go about connecting these to my p4 via the breakout box and control them for different things rather than having to plug them into the outlet on the Powerbar?
Specifically I am thinking about hooking my skimmer pump up via the 1-10v hookup and if I can I’d like to have it turn on and off for x amount of hours a day. I don’t know if this is possible from the breakout box or if I need to just use the outlet simple on/off timer .. just trying to use the stuff I got rather than fill a Powerbar outlet.
Yes, you can do that. I have a Varios-8 and although I have it plugged into a power bar, that is backup for me. Speed goes to 0% during maintenance modes.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can do that. I have a Varios-8 and although I have it plugged into a power bar, that is backup for me. Speed goes to 0% during maintenance modes.
Are you controlling it via the lb box?
Sorry lol just trying to clarify.

If so was just wondering if you can switch it to different speeds as it comes with 1-5 but 1-10v is different?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you controlling it via the lb box?
Sorry lol just trying to clarify.

If so was just wondering if you can switch it to different speeds as it comes with 1-5 but 1-10v is different?
I use a breakout box. Mine uses 0-10V. And yes, I can control speeds. If yours uses 1-5v then you can scale the output to match.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Don't need the reeflink, just the vortech module, it will control all of the. As ling as they are synced.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't need the reeflink, just the vortech module, it will control all of the. As ling as they are synced.
Add another thing on the list of purchases :p Vortech controller + new Vortech!

do you know anything about the 0-10 v settings?

My pump goes 1-5 and I was wondering if I hooked it up to 0-10 if I would have more of a range with different speeds or it’s locked to 1-5

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%

Back