What does bump mean?

oscar ortiz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol i have no idea how this forum works, it seems some people look like they have tags and such of like being members and stuff and people always saying bump and stuff and have no idea and also ive been on this forum for over a month very active and it still wont let me post things on the selling forum and also ive been entering contests lately, how good are the chances i actually win something lol?

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It bumps your thread to the front page of whatever forum your on. It doesn't have to be the word "bump". Any comments on your thread do the same thing.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, and TTT is another one people use for the same reason, "to the top"
It's not just length of time for the selling forums
"The sales forum on Reef2Reef is available to members that have been a member for 30 days and have 25 meaningful posts (A meaningful post will involve more than saying things like "nice tank" or "I agree." Something meaningful will often be sharing one's knowledge and experience with others and actively participating in hobby related discussions). Use of this forum is available immediately to R2R Supporters"
I imagine Posts in the sale forum and contests probably don't count, a moderator would have to verify that though

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Oscar! I'll see if I can help with some of these questions.

Lol i have no idea how this forum works, it seems some people look like they have tags and such of like being members and stuff
Not sure if you're talking about the banners under the usernames here or perhaps the hashtags that people use. On the banners, here are a few that I'll explain that may be helpful to you.
1. "Team R2R" or "Staff Member" - all moderators have these banners under their name, so either of these means the member is also a moderator.
2. "Reef Squad" - these awesome folks are members who work tirelessly to help others around the forum. They have valuable knowledge and experience and freely offer that to answer questions posed by other members.
3 - "supporter" and "partner" members have contributed financially to the forum. R2R doesn't charge for membership, but members who want to contribute financially do receive some additional membership benefits (for example, supporter members are able to sell immediately and also have the ability to edit their posts indefinitely).

On the hashtags (words with the # symbol in front of them), here are some good ones to know. You can use these to request help from members with expertise on questions you may have:
1. #reefsquad - alerts the members of the Reef Squad to a thread where their assistance is desired. (Btw, I won't be using the # symbol on the rest of these in order to avoid calling all of our teams to the thread. :) so from here on, I'll just list the word you would use after the # symbol.)
2. mods - calls the moderators' attention to the thread.
3. SPSexperts - calls on some of our members who have knowledge of SPS coral care
4. LPSexperts - same as the above, but for members who know LPS corals
5. ZOAexperts - same as the above for zoas and palys
6. DIYwizards - members who know a lot about DIY work.

and people always saying bump and stuff and have no idea
I think the concept of "bumping" a thread was explained really well above, so I'll move on
and also ive been on this forum for over a month very active and it still wont let me post things on the selling forum
Actually, you joined on April 25th, so you haven't been a member for a month yet (you can always check your join date by clicking on your username). Keep at it though! We love having new active members join us!

and also ive been entering contests lately, how good are the chances i actually win something lol?
chances of winning a contest are generally directly tied to the number of entries in the contest. The cool thing is that at R2R, we ALWAYS have several contests going, and so we have LOTS of winners! :) Some lucky people have even won multiple times! :D

Hope these answers help. Let us know if you have additional questions.

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not sure if you're talking about the banners under the usernames here or perhaps the hashtags that people use. On the banners, here are a few that I'll explain that may be helpful to you.
1. "Team R2R" or "Staff Member" - all moderators have these banners under their name, so either of these means the member is also a moderator.
2. "Reef Squad" - these awesome folks are members who work tirelessly to help others around the forum. They have valuable knowledge and experience and freely offer that to answer questions posed by other members.
3 - "supporter" and "partner" members have contributed financially to the forum. R2R doesn't charge for membership, but members who want to contribute financially do receive some additional membership benefits (for example, supporter members are able to sell immediately and also have the ability to edit their posts indefinitely).

On the hashtags (words with the # symbol in front of them), here are some good ones to know. You can use these to request help from members with expertise on questions you may have:
1. #reefsquad - alerts the members of the Reef Squad to a thread where their assistance is desired. (Btw, I won't be using the # symbol one the rest of these in order to avoid calling all of our teams to the thread. :) so from here on, I'll just list the word you would use after the # symbol.)
3. SPSexperts - calls on some of our members who have knowledge of SPS coral care

I think the concept of "bumping" a thread was explained really well above, so I'll move on

Actually, you joined on April 25th, so you haven't been a member for a month yet (you can always check your join date by clicking on your username). Keep at it though! We love having new active members join us!

chances of winning a contest are generally directly tied to the number of entries in the contest. The cool thing is that at R2R, we ALWAYS have several contests going, and so we have LOTS of winners! :) Some lucky people have even won multiple times! :D

Nice post Daniel

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1. #reefsquad - alerts the members of the Reef Squad to a thread where their assistance is desired. (Btw, I won't be using the # symbol on the rest of these in order to avoid calling all of our teams to the thread. :) so from here on, I'll just list the word you would use after the # symbol.)

Beautifully explained.

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:)
1829d1e4dd0389e6b1ba28c626c37e55.gif

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Very helpful Daniel, thanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back