What does everyone do to support their reefing hobby?

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full time job with OT and monthly bonuses CAD detailer for a joist and deck plant.
I limit my self to what i spend on this hobby since i have 2 other hobbys as well

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buying and selling houses in Silicon Valley, investing that capital in value and growth stocks that pay dividends.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call me old fashioned... I learned a marketable skill, worked for many years to perfect that skill, found a niche in which that skill was highly valued, and concentrated on filling that niche.

Maybe not as 'today' as having a side hustle, I suppose, but hard work and marketable skills have always been sufficient for me.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Accountant here... Dads an accountant... Grandpa, you guessed it accountant... it's in my blood to save, and budget. However, my mom, grandma, and great-grandma... all shoppers, so that is in my blood too. It all works out.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mostly just my main job. Occasionally have to sell some stuff or trade some stuff for major upgrades

Joshua Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the things I do is I re-sell items that I bu at a local auction. This auction is comprised of Amazon returns. Some of the items are in completely new condition, others are open box and some are damaged. It's all online, but you do have to pick the items up in person. I can usually double (sometimes triple) my money by selling the items on eBay.

You can look for yourself to see if there is one near you. It's called Fast Track IT. Here's the link: https://www.bidfta.com/home?reset=true

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the things I do is I re-sell items that I bu at a local auction. This auction is comprised of Amazon returns. Some of the items are in completely new condition, others are open box and some are damaged. It's all online, but you do have to pick the items up in person. I can usually double (sometimes triple) my money by selling the items on eBay.

You can look for yourself to see if there is one near you. It's called Fast Track IT. Here's the link: https://www.bidfta.com/home?reset=true

was a professional wrestler for 18 years worked three nights a week for 20 minutes a night for a total of hour a week and averaged about mid six figures a year plus my wife inherited 1.5 mil. So no problem here

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OVERTIME !!! They've asked me to work the last 3 Sundays at double time and almost daily they've asked me to stay and resolve issues for an hour or two.
My Policy - " YOU PAY - I STAY " !!!

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i still live at home (as I’m only 16) and use some of my McDonald’s money and birthday/Christmas money to support my hobb.
Good for you young man good u work and not just play video games,, kids of today are to soft ( grew up without seatbelts and helmets for bike riding

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Garbage photo from today but I make sure the electronics we make work as they are supposed to and when they don’t, I find out why.
EAB98CA6-940C-42B8-8DD6-E41B3DC909CD.png

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 80 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back