What does everyone do to support their reefing hobby?

  • Thread starter Thread starter M3d1C
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Full time job with OT and monthly bonuses CAD detailer for a joist and deck plant.
I limit my self to what i spend on this hobby since i have 2 other hobbys as well
 
Buying and selling houses in Silicon Valley, investing that capital in value and growth stocks that pay dividends.
 
Call me old fashioned... I learned a marketable skill, worked for many years to perfect that skill, found a niche in which that skill was highly valued, and concentrated on filling that niche.

Maybe not as 'today' as having a side hustle, I suppose, but hard work and marketable skills have always been sufficient for me.
 
Accountant here... Dads an accountant... Grandpa, you guessed it accountant... it's in my blood to save, and budget. However, my mom, grandma, and great-grandma... all shoppers, so that is in my blood too. It all works out.
 
Mostly just my main job. Occasionally have to sell some stuff or trade some stuff for major upgrades
 
One of the things I do is I re-sell items that I bu at a local auction. This auction is comprised of Amazon returns. Some of the items are in completely new condition, others are open box and some are damaged. It's all online, but you do have to pick the items up in person. I can usually double (sometimes triple) my money by selling the items on eBay.

You can look for yourself to see if there is one near you. It's called Fast Track IT. Here's the link: https://www.bidfta.com/home?reset=true
 
One of the things I do is I re-sell items that I bu at a local auction. This auction is comprised of Amazon returns. Some of the items are in completely new condition, others are open box and some are damaged. It's all online, but you do have to pick the items up in person. I can usually double (sometimes triple) my money by selling the items on eBay.

You can look for yourself to see if there is one near you. It's called Fast Track IT. Here's the link: https://www.bidfta.com/home?reset=true

was a professional wrestler for 18 years worked three nights a week for 20 minutes a night for a total of hour a week and averaged about mid six figures a year plus my wife inherited 1.5 mil. So no problem here
 
Selling Frags.... but also bought tank, stand, lights, skimmer, sump all used.
 
OVERTIME !!! They've asked me to work the last 3 Sundays at double time and almost daily they've asked me to stay and resolve issues for an hour or two.
My Policy - " YOU PAY - I STAY " !!!
 
i still live at home (as I’m only 16) and use some of my McDonald’s money and birthday/Christmas money to support my hobb.
Good for you young man good u work and not just play video games,, kids of today are to soft ( grew up without seatbelts and helmets for bike riding
 
Garbage photo from today but I make sure the electronics we make work as they are supposed to and when they don’t, I find out why.
EAB98CA6-940C-42B8-8DD6-E41B3DC909CD.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new