What does people feed their fish?

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a fox face, purple tang and a regal angelfish. I feed them one cube of mysis daily and sometimes artemia.i also try to give them algae sheets daily. My question is: Am I feeding enough? should it be more varied? what do you feed?

DaveyB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a fox face, purple tang and a regal angelfish. I feed them one cube of mysis daily and sometimes artemia.i also try to give them algae sheets daily. My question is: Am I feeding enough? should it be more varied? what do you feed?
It is good to feed them a variety of 3-4 foods so they get enough vitamins and minerals. Maybe Mysis one day and prepared foods the next. Or, try half a cube of Mysis with some Nori and prepared food.

LiveAquaria and Blue Zoo Aquatics have good descriptions of what to feed fish. See example below.

Upvote 0

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Are the Artemis (brine shrimp) live or frozen? If frozen I would suggest spirulina frozen brine as it has added nutrition. If live are you feeding freshly hatched or adult. If adult they need to be gut loaded (fed nutritious substances) prior to feeding.
I try to feed an assortment of frozen foods as well as live. I establish colonies of copepods and amphipods in my reefs. Then feed a blend of frozen: brine, Spirulina brine, and mysis.
my experience with angels is that they have specialized diets so I feed frozen foods designed specifically for angels. Many need sponge as a staple of their diet. Being that a Regal is considered a expert only angel I would strongly suggest a specialized diet for it.
A
I also feed garlic enriched nori daily.

Upvote 0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back