What Does Reef PI Offer?

WhoIsCandice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

Something I'm interested by in the reef-pi is temperature and ph monitoring. Additionally if it could send commands to my JeBao (likely this requires authentication via an exposed API from Jebao, can likely be gotten from using Postman on the JeBao app) that would also be great.

My requirements (some of this I can code myself):
- PH Logging. I know reef pi has a website interface and PH Logging can be seen there. My question though is: can this be exported to a CSV / to a database?
- Temperature Logging, same questions as above

Wants (but if not possible at this time I would be very happy to contribute to open-source :) ):
- Macros / Timers to trigger a dose of N ml off my JeBao. I see that reef-pi, as long as there is a circuit for a local pump, can do this for you, but I *think* there is no abstraction layer between common WiFi controlled stuff (lights, outlets, jebao wifi connected doser, etc). Similarly I don't think there is a current abstraction layer for any BT/USB-connected devices

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reef-pi website is driven by its API, which you can use to download all the data it stores. In addition reef-pi has prometheus exporter built in, that you can use to scrape and store data externally.

reef-pi internally uses HAL (hardware abstraction layer) for integrating with different devices. You can check the existing drivers for examples of how its used. Shelly device integration is based on API, you can refer that one for reference.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back