What does singapore angelfish eat?

namlessdude

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2024
Messages
180
Reaction score
107
Location
Manitoba
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added a singaport angelfish to my tank and I can't figure out what it eats. She's been in the tank for a week now and some how it is alive and well, but it never eats the food i give it. I tried frozen brine shrimp, flakes, pellets, and Nori, but it won't even get excited or get close to them even when they swim right by her.

She isnt losing weight, color, or energy tho. She does glaze on the algae on my rocks all day, and i suspect she is snacking on my GSP. There is a lot of bristle worms in my tank so maybe she picks at them too?

I am worried that this isn't sustainable. Any thoughts?
 
I recently added a singaport angelfish to my tank and I can't figure out what it eats. She's been in the tank for a week now and some how it is alive and well, but it never eats the food i give it. I tried frozen brine shrimp, flakes, pellets, and Nori, but it won't even get excited or get close to them even when they swim right by her.

She isnt losing weight, color, or energy tho. She does glaze on the algae on my rocks all day, and i suspect she is snacking on my GSP. There is a lot of bristle worms in my tank so maybe she picks at them too?

I am worried that this isn't sustainable. Any thoughts?
Just to add, she is very peaceful and is not threatened by any of my other fish. She did have a sparring session with a new coral banded shrimp which since then I have removed because he was out to kill anything. Her behavior has been the same before and after the shrimp.
 
I purchased a singapore angel a few days ago as well. Similar situation to yours. I see him eat 1 or 2 small flakes over the course 30 mintues. Still alive, and looks healthy at the moment, but kind of concerned about his outlook with the rate he's eating. Tank is 100g. Keen to get some tips from some of the more experienced members on here.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new