What does your plate coral look like?

2016-08-07 18.32.32.jpg
 
Love my long tentacle plate. It gets huge when lights are on. My favorite coral in my tank

I love the helios too! It just sucks that mine won't accept food haha. I love watching them pass food to their mouths :)
 
I love the helios too! It just sucks that mine won't accept food haha. I love watching them pass food to their mouths :)
Mine only eats small foods like pods or plankton. I have a short tent plate that is much smaller but will eat a good sized shrimp no problem. But not my ltp
 
Love my long tentacle plate. It gets huge when lights are on. My favorite coral in my tank

So you answered one of my questions, what's you secret to keeping a long tentacle. I always shyed away from getting one because they have have a bad rep of not living long.
 
whats the secret to care for plates I will post the one I bought tomorrow when lights are on
 
love plates but could never sustain them long term. What are you guys doing too keep them? What are youu feeding? Light? flow?
 
Mine are getting 120 to 180 par, moderate to mild flow, and are fed LPS pellets or mysis once every week or two~
 
I feed mine mysis, larger chunks of LRS. I also see them get smaller pieces of food when I feed the fish.
 
So you answered one of my questions, what's you secret to keeping a long tentacle. I always shyed away from getting one because they have have a bad rep of not living long.
I really dont do anything out of normal. Moderate flow medium light. I feed my tank once a week with fuel, coral frenzy and reef chili. My ltp will not eat chunks of meaty foods only small particle stuff. Mine is really easy to care for
 
I really dont do anything out of normal. Moderate flow medium light. I feed my tank once a week with fuel, coral frenzy and reef chili. My ltp will not eat chunks of meaty foods only small particle stuff. Mine is really easy to care for

I agree. No special care for me either. Medium flow with a slightly shaded area on the sand. I let them float about and settle in wherever they land.
I spot feed mysis or my own fish food two or three times a week and they usually do well for me :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new