What does your QT setup look like?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like during my time on here, I see a lot of different ways people QT livestock and I see a bunch of different QT setups in the process. I am wondering what does yours look like? Is it something basic and thrown together, or is it something a little more elaborate. Curious to see what everyone says!

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my old tank. It's full of dinos because it has no CUC and all the good stuff has been nuked by medication so many times and there's not nearly enough rock in it.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go to petco and get a 10 gallon aquarium and pull out the sponge I keep in the refugium and put in the aquarium and fill with tank water. Its an instant QT. Then I go to LFS and get a new sponge to replace the one I removed from refugium.

Indymann99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7714.jpeg

My QT is under stairs with my RODI and mix tank. I have it plumbed so I can add water from the Mix tank OR from the DT (water change). I leave the QT dry when not in use. When I plan to add a fish I will start the QT with water from the Mix tank, and add PVC (sitting in sump) to seed the bio filter. I use the observation method and only medicate if necessary. At week 5 in the QT I will start doing 50% Mix tank and 50% "used" DT water. Week 6 is 25% / 75%. Week 7 is 100% "used" DT water. Week 8 fish goes in DT (assuming no illness).

NOTE the RO system on the left is for house drinking water, RODI system on the right is for the Aquarium.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back