What Dosing pumps do you use for your Automated Water changes?

FLSharkvictim

PADI Divemaster / Shark Advocate
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2016
Messages
1,444
Reaction score
1,309
Location
TAMPA , FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a pretty HOT topic!

I currently use the Neptune DOS that connected to my Apex controller. I have it pre-programmed to take out a certain amount of milliliters throughout the day. I love it but it's a bit noisy that's for sure! It's ok for me b/c mine is installed in another room. I have a Saltwater Mixing Station in my garage which sits about 20 ft from the tank. I have 2 / 25 gallon Storage containers 1 fresh RODI and 1 Salt Container. I have my DOS mounted above my mixing station that has a 50 ft Apex Aquabus cable to connect to my Apex panel under my tank. I have a PM 2 module along with the Salinity probe to always keep tabs on the salinity, 1 EB8 Power Strip to plug in my Heater and other things if need to be, and 1 Neptune Breakout Box. One last thing, I have a 6 stage BRS RODI system with a Booster pump w/ two DI's. above the mixing station. I always keep the Fresh RO water container full most of the time. That's how I have mine set up for AWC's. I know one thing the new GHL Doser Maxi SA for AWC's is bad to the bone. How do you have yours set up??


IMG_5858.JPG
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new