what eats little feather dusters?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sp1187
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Wait!! Don’t buy something to eat them just yet. I don’t know what your setup is, but I used to have a lot of those feather duster things. They were really annoying at first, and they were all over the display tank, but eventually, they died back. Now, they live in the back filtration portion of my tank and I am fairly certain that they are SUPER beneficial to water quality and clarity. If they aren’t too big, keep them. Take “biological filtration” to the next level . If not, then yeah... melanuris and coris wrasses (I’m pretty sure) do the trick
 
Wait!! Don’t buy something to eat them just yet. I don’t know what your setup is, but I used to have a lot of those feather duster things. They were really annoying at first, and they were all over the display tank, but eventually, they died back. Now, they live in the back filtration portion of my tank and I am fairly certain that they are SUPER beneficial to water quality and clarity. If they aren’t too big, keep them. Take “biological filtration” to the next level . If not, then yeah... melanuris and coris wrasses (I’m pretty sure) do the trick
I had thousands in the DT (150 Tall). I had a copperband that ate each and everyone of them. sadly the copperband suffered a tragic accident and died. my sump is filled with them and thats fine, but I'm seeing them attaching directly to zoas in the DT and the zoas aren't opening like they used to.
 
melanarus,coris wrasse is going to move large things around,the one i had was a nightmare :rolleyes:
 
My yellow coris eats them. Emerald crabs will rip them up. A Pygmy angel will probably go for them as well
 
Prognathodes and roaops butterflies should eat them. They took out mine and my aiptasia under a month.
 
Wait!! Don’t buy something to eat them just yet. I don’t know what your setup is, but I used to have a lot of those feather duster things. They were really annoying at first, and they were all over the display tank, but eventually, they died back. Now, they live in the back filtration portion of my tank and I am fairly certain that they are SUPER beneficial to water quality and clarity. If they aren’t too big, keep them. Take “biological filtration” to the next level . If not, then yeah... melanuris and coris wrasses (I’m pretty sure) do the trick
What do you think made them die back? Did something change in your tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new