What else can/should I add with Hewbie?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2022
Messages
7,136
Reaction score
10,447
Location
Easton
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have Hewbie, the picasso trigger, bristletooth tang, bicolor angel, marine betta, and soon to be a dusky wrasse. Eels are a no go because I don’t want anyone to be a snack or it to jump out. Can I get another tang or mix angels? I’ve always been discouraged from both. Especially since I wouldn’t add them at the same time. Thoughts? What about other wrasses? I know every tank is different but I know people who have dozens of fish in the same sized tank which isn’t good necessarily but I even know someone with 20 fish in theirs. I know max capacity will always vary but I always wonder how people can be successful with this.
 
It won’t let me tag @icantthink :( Someone please tag them for me. I don’t know why but not all users appear or can get tagged when I try.
 
Big Eye Black Bar Soldierfish
Big-Eye-Black-Bar-Soldierfish-768x512.jpg
 
I’m thinking a rock wrasse would be really cool. A hog fish might be cool took. Red hawkfish would be great. Super awesome personalities, particularly for someone like you who is into fish with fun personalities (I always laugh at your Hewbie stories!).
 
@i cant think

@AydenLincoln - you have to type their user name exactly.

An eel was my first thought, so interested to hear some other ideas :)
 
@i cant think

@AydenLincoln - you have to type their user name exactly.

An eel was my first thought, so interested to hear some other ideas :)
It’s interesting because I’ve tried that lol! The same thing happens with Daniel R2R user lol. I know they have spaces in it but adding it just creates the username @/i lol!
 
It’s interesting because I’ve tried that lol! The same thing happens with Daniel R2R user lol. I know they have spaces in it but adding it just creates the username @/i lol!
I've had trouble tagging Daniel in the past too.
 
I have Hewbie, the picasso trigger, bristletooth tang, bicolor angel, marine betta, and soon to be a dusky wrasse. Eels are a no go because I don’t want anyone to be a snack or it to jump out. Can I get another tang or mix angels? I’ve always been discouraged from both. Especially since I wouldn’t add them at the same time. Thoughts? What about other wrasses? I know every tank is different but I know people who have dozens of fish in the same sized tank which isn’t good necessarily but I even know someone with 20 fish in theirs. I know max capacity will always vary but I always wonder how people can be successful with this.
Wrasse wise you’re looking at most of the ones we all want to own but may not be able to because of our tanks being too peaceful.
Some of the smaller Thalassoma (personally I love the Lucasanum) would be a good idea. I also personally love Hologymnosus species.
Smaller Coris species could be good too, species like Coris dorsomacula (or caudimacula) and Coris pictoides.

For others that may not be sand sleeping, you could have larger Fairies (Cirrhilabrus scottorum and C. melanomarginatus may be good ones to think about).

Here’s some of the fish ive been talking about :)
Hologymnosus (this is specifically doliatus).
Doliatus Ring Wrasse (2).jpeg


Coris species (specifically Pictoides and Dorsomacula)
IMG_5795.jpeg

IMG_6270.jpeg


Larger Cirrhilabrus species (specifically melanomarginatus and one I didn’t say but lineatus)
IMG_0773.jpeg

IMG_0863.jpeg

IMG_4531.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new