My George for sure

IMG_20211208_211238.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Green Clown Goby almost begs for food, plus will watch every move I make.
I will just say that that’s none of the species often labelled as Green Clown Gobies (G. atrangulatus, G. ayoyagi, G. histrio) and is instead a Gobiodon citrinus.

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jawfish is hilarious to watch. Love my sailfin tang and foxface.
They all have little personalty.
Someone was talking about 6 line wrasse. Mine is just fine, then again hes about the smallest thing in my tank to the others keep him in check.

BubbaD828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a black storm clown, a orange storm clown, and a firefish in a 15 gallon tank. The black clown and firefish love each other it’s the coolest thing to watch the black clown is always rubbing on the firefish and even lays near the bottom of the tank with the firefish lays down for a bit. Get him when it’s dinner time and everything.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on the Hawkfish, Clown Goby, and even a Lawnmover Blenny. Sand shifting fish are also neat but they can make a mess.

One cool small tiny fish that packs punch on viewing novelty is the "neon goby" cleaner fish. Fun to watch fish interaction. Best part is when you first introduce the goby and fish freak out as he jumps on them.

NeonGobyRidingYellowTang.jpg

For beauty and grace the Helfrishi Firefish is like no other. Small but very noticeble from far away.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I have just one, but the Clown Trigger might,..beat the Anemonefish and Jawfish. The Anemonefish are always calming and very cute as they nestle with in their host. The Jawfish are fun to watch building and keeping it clean. Then the Goby fish with their host shrimp. The Clown Trigger are,... clowns. We enjoyed ours for 12 years. He would turn pale to indicate to our cleaner fish to clean me. He was taught by my young niece Alley, that when he was hungry to grab onto this basket's loop handle. He would swim back and forth our 8' long tank, then we would bring it to the surface letting us take it to fill it with food.

StewL6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Naoko Wrasse and my blue sided fairy Wrasse. These guys put on one heck of a show during the evening. It really is like watching two F35s going at it. Most of time the Naoko does the chasing, but when the blue sided loses contact he will go looking for the Naoko to start the game again.

In my 22 gallon nano it has to be the assessors three golden and two Randall's something to watch them upside down in the rockwork. I have a lot of caves and arches for a small tank. I added the goldens first and the Randalls about a month later but i had to grow them out in a quarantine tank as they were only about 3/8th inch when i got them boy they were small. Added them about 4 months later and everyone gettin along fine.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. Late evening here and I'm just seeing this post. Oddly enough, I shot a short video just today of my Goby without knowing this post was here. He has, by far, been a total blast to have in the tank. First he has his own cave space under the center rock structure in my tank. He moves so much gravel around it. Constantly taking gravel down in the hole and then later on, bring it back out. And he is somewhat protective of it too.

So mid-day, I put some flake food into the tank for a feeding. This always brings some snails up out of the gravel. One happened to come up and sit in the "threshold" of his cave. He wasn't haven't it! I've seen him do this many times. First time I tried catching a video!

I had a DWG who has that beat. He would get mad and pick them up and fling them as hard as he could against the glass. The loud pop got me every time.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it's my wrasses. Lots of color, curiosity and fun personalities. Every single one of them is a dirty thief at feeding time to boot. Seen my 2 inch Christmas Wrasse rip food right out of my Fox Face's Mouth (the biggest fish in the tank and about 4x the size of the Christmas Wrasse). My Pencil Wrasse isn't outdone either:

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
For me it's my wrasses. Lots of color, curiosity and fun personalities. Every single one of them is a dirty thief at feeding time to boot. Seen my 2 inch Christmas Wrasse rip food right out of my Fox Face's Mouth (the biggest fish in the tank and about 4x the size of the Christmas Wrasse). My Pencil Wrasse isn't outdone either:

nice. another wrasse lover here. I have 2 on the way which will make it 3 wrasses in my tank.

Yellow banded posseum
yellow coris
leopard wrasse

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice lookin' fish.
Been tempted to get a firefish but too afraid my clownfish will just shred it.
It was a my favorite fish, till it jumped out of tiny hole in tank top. Misss it. Too expensive to replace these days (Helfrishi sepcies).

Mine was with two large and establish clownfish that were very territorial. No issues. Or maybe that's why it jumped.

Back