What fish can I add to my 40 breeder?

BRS

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Looking for something new to add, my last fish was added back in April. Its a 40 breeder tank, with only 4 fish- clown, banggai cardinal, royal gramma, melanurus wrasse. I tried twice to add a red firefish, but both times they ended up on the floor. I have a glass top, but somehow they got out the small cracks in the back. Open to suggestions.

AS

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Maybe a starry blenny or a pistol shrimp watchman goby pair?

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
4C56BEDA-C7F2-475D-B6EE-9130B159DC9E.jpeg

I have two of these , trimma gobies from biota. A little cryptic as they are bottom dwellers but pretty fun to watch bc they Are pretty active feeders and once they get fat and color they are very good looking. Keep em in a 32g with 2 clowns, fire fish and Midas and nothing even noticed their arrival or continued existence. Very minimal impact and very much like them! Doubt they would jump too! (But all fish do I swear when you leastexpect)

Zoanthids.com
BRS

What types of R2R interview articles are you most excited about?

• Specific reef topics! (List the ones you'd like to see us cover in the thread.)

Votes: 60 38.2%
  • Specific reef personalities! (List the people you'd like us to interview in the thread.)

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Not that concerned about the topics...I just wanna see the awesome PICTURES!

Votes: 30 19.1%
  • All of the above!! ...and yes, I'll list some in the thread. :-)

Votes: 58 36.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Santa Monica Filtration