40B Stocking

jjrambo124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I have a 40 gallon breeder with 5 fish and would like to add one more blueish/colorful fish. I am looking at the melanurus wrasse but don't know how compatible they would be in this tank. Any suggestions on this fish or others would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
Current Fish:
2 clowns
coral beauty
2 gobies

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d consider that tank full after the wrasse.
I agree with this especially becuase of the coral beauty AND the wrasse those are both big and active fish. However I would love to suggest a more mid tank fish becasue you have the open water coral beauty and the cave dwelling gobies, a royal gramma, orchid dottyback, or midas blenny would add some nice contrast in what you already have and are all fun to watch!

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just make sure you have a deep enough sandbed for the wrasse to burrow in.

Alternatively you can do a springers damsel. They eat flatworms, stay small, are very peaceful, and are a bright blue you can see across the house.

OP
OP
J

jjrambo124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just make sure you have a deep enough sandbed for the wrasse to burrow in.

Alternatively you can do a springers damsel. They eat flatworms, stay small, are very peaceful, and are a bright blue you can see across the house.
Yes my sandbed is about 2-3 inches or so. I do love the look of the springers damsel but am worried about aggression as everyone in the tank is very peaceful right now.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes my sandbed is about 2-3 inches or so. I do love the look of the springers damsel but am worried about aggression as everyone in the tank is very peaceful right now.
I never had any aggression issues with mine - that was with a clown pair and a coral beauty (ironically both of those had to be removed for aggression, but no problems with the damsel).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back